RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Bathroom AquaHot Zone

I have a 2000 Dynasty with AquaHot. The AquaHot has 3 zones. Bedroom, Living Room and Bathroom.

It also has a manual "toilet" zone. There is a rocker switch across from the toilet that will turn on a register fan to heat the toilet area.

The Bedroom and Living Room have regular wall mounted thermostats that control their zones.

The Bathroom zone is a register that is located under the vanity sink adjacent to the shower. It is across the room from the toilet room. It does NOT turn on.

I have done some troubleshooting and determined that it is not the fan, but it is probably a switch or thermostat somewhere in the bathroom area. I have been troubleshooting this with the help of Roger Berke and he agrees that there is probably a switch some where that I have missed.

So, does anyone else have an early model Dynasty with Aquahot, and, do you know how to turn on the heat in the bathroom area?

patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #2

Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have a Navigator but have a similar setup. My system has two positions in the bedroom. The second temp is for the middle of the coach. When it is on, the control in the bathroom works.

thrushl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #3

Patmsp,
I have the exact same setup in my 05 dynasty. I believe that I have to have the bedroom controller (which controls Zone 1 and Zone 2) set to "furnace mode" on both zone 1 and 2. I then set the temperature for zone 2 a couple of degrees higher that the ambient temperature. It doesn't matter what the temperature is set on zone 1 (bedroom) unless I want heat back there also. After I hear the fans start in the bathroom under the shower vanity, I turn on the switch under the toilet room vanity and that fan then starts up. I do remember reading about this setup but not sure where I saw the information. If I come across it again, I will pm you.

Bottom line is that both zone 1 and zone 2 bedroom controller must be in the furnace mode. I am not sure if I have to have the controller in the kitchen on furnace also but I probably do, but I don't think it is necessary.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 42' 2000 Monaco Executive PLS FD 1-Slide floor plan with the separate head and sink closet across from the shower.

Aqua Hot AHE-100-02S

I have 3 zone A/C's, but only 2 thermostats. The Living Room (Zone 1) is apart from this discussion...it stands alone independently.

Both the front (Living Room) and Rear (Bedroom) thermostats are each 4-button setups.

The Zone 2 Heat Register is in this closed Head/sink Closet room and it has a Heat switch across from the toilet on the wall.

The Zone 2 (Bathroom) is also controlled by the Zone 3 thermostat next to the bed above the PS end table in the rear bedroom.

In order to get the Zone 2 Bathroom Furnace to work, you need to hold down the two top buttons on the Rear Bedroom thermostat to get to toggle from Zone 1 (Rear Bedroom) and Zone 2 (Bathroom) on that bedroom thermostat...then you toggle the Mode button to get to Furnace Mode and finally set the temps to 99 degrees in each Furnace Mode in order to test your Zone fans, heat, etc.

I found that when my rear Bedroom thermostat displays the main Zone 1, it is in fact the rear bedroom Zone 3, and when I change over to the Zone 2 on the thermostat, it refers to Zone 2 (the Bathroom Zone).

Since I have some additional AH Boiler Thermostat relays added inside of the Aqua Hot Box in the basement, I also have a note from previous owner that in order to run the Aqua Hot, you need to move all three zones to Furnace Mode and then set your temps up to 99 degrees to test that each works. You can then modify the temps by Zones as needed later in real life.

I also have a toggle switch on the kitchen slide midships, which allows you to toggle between the Middle Zone 2 A/C or toggled to the washer/dryer, so this als needs to be toggled to the Zone 2 A/C in the "On" position.

My Zone 2 stopped working for awhile last winter and I had it on my list of items to fix on the AH, but recently I actually set all 3 Zones to Furnace Mode and raised the temps to 99, AND turned on the Furnace switch ON in the Bathroom AND turned ON the Kitchen Switch for the Zone 2 A/C and Voila!, the center Zone 2 Bathroom heat exchanger started working again.

Also, I believe the above procedures worked without the AH switch turned ON, so the Zones started working independently of the AH burner turned on...this now seems consistent as you can run the zone fans and circulate the AH without the heated fluids, if you desire.

So you may be experiencing a similar situation I had and I can only think it was caused by my not having ALL 3 ZONES IN Furnace Mode to start with along with the two Zone 2 switches set ON correctly...

or you could have an intermittent thermostat problem where it doesn't tell the AH unit it's available for use...that would mean a repair or replace of the 4 button thermostat...which are no longer available...I hear.

If my situation was caused by intermittent thermostat issues, then I'd have to upgrade to 2 NEW 5-wire thermostats...hope not, but will observe this winter use...in FLA so not really critical issue yet.

Mikeflyme
Mikeflyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #5

Mikeflyme brings up a good point that I missed in my post. I do have the 5 button thermostats, one in the bedroom (zone 1 and zone 2) and one in the hallway by the kitchen (controls the front air/heat pump and furnace from cab to kitchen.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsp View Post
So, does anyone else have an early model Dynasty with Aquahot, and, do you know how to turn on the heat in the bathroom area?
I'm gonna make this as clear as mud

We have a 2000 Signature, the rear 5 button thermostat is in bedroom and controls the bathroom zone(zone 1) and the bedroom zone(zone 2). The temp sensor for the bathroom zone is on the cabinet next to the shower. The temp sensor for the bedroom zone is in the thermostat itself.

So, push the zone button on the bederoom thermostat until you see zone 1, push the mode button for zone 1 till you see "furnace", now turn the temp up well above ambient. It should turn on the fan under the sink in a few seconds. If it doesn't turn on, get your multimeter and see if its getting power. These fans do fail.

We also have a 02 Signature. It is the same, except zone 1 is the bedroom, and zone 2 is the bathroom.

I can't remember what the deal is with the water closet switch, I don't spend much time in there

The front living area thermostat can be turned off. It is NOT part of the bathroom or bedroom equation.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I have a different floor plan from you but we are probably wired the same. First, a 4 button thermostat? If so, you toggle between Zone 1 and Zone 2 by pressing the Fan and Mode buttons at the same time. Set one temp high, as suggested, with same mode in each zone and find out which zone is which. The other way if you have a heat pump is that the bathroom will not have a heat pump option. Experiment, for me, the operation was not intuitive. The front thermostat does not affect the rear zones in this model. Let us know what you find out.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for your responses. I DO have the 4 button thermostat in the bedroom and the correct answer was that it controls Zone 2 (the bathroom) after you push the top two buttons.

Thank you all VERY much. It has been a pleasure hanging out with this crowd.

Pat

patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote