RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #1

Alright, thanks to the replies I had on which 6 volt battery to get. Finally bought the Energizer at Sams. After installing, then the problem starts.

What I did was to turn off both disconnects, remove the cables and label so they go back the same way, removed the 4 batteries set on the floor in the same position as in the tray, cleaned and painted the tray, put the 4 new batteries in the same position as the old batteries, cleaned all terminals, put the cables on the same as they came off, tightened everything, turned the disconnects on and....NO 12V POWER. Arrrrrrrrrrgh!

The new batteries are all showing low (5.0V on the meter), so do they have to be charged before installing or should they be ready to go when purchased? Is there something I did wrong, missed, or did the Peter Princiiple happen? HELP!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #2

Alright, thanks to the replies I had on which 6 volt battery to get. Finally bought the Energizer at Sams. After installing, then the problem starts.

What I did was to turn off both disconnects, remove the cables and label so they go back the same way, removed the 4 batteries set on the floor in the same position as in the tray, cleaned and painted the tray, put the 4 new batteries in the same position as the old batteries, cleaned all terminals, put the cables on the same as they came off, tightened everything, turned the disconnects on and....NO 12V POWER. Arrrrrrrrrrgh!

The new batteries are all showing low (5.0V on the meter), so do they have to be charged before installing or should they be ready to go when purchased? Is there something I did wrong, missed, or did the Peter Princiiple happen? HELP!

Old 04-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not technical, so pardon my silly question. Is the Battery Cut-Off switch by the door in the correct position?
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:23 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Same thing happened to me -- I had missed one small wire -- Double check, & make sure a wire didn`t slip behind the tray -- Bill Wilard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #5

William, thanks for the tip. I went back out to the coach before dark and felt behind the battery tray and lo and behold - there was a wire hanging loose!

Turned off the disconnect, hooked that devil up, turned the disconnect on, and there was POWER!!!!!!!

Man, I feel dense sometimes.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #6
SRT

Monaco Owners Club
Redeldo,

Don't feel like the lone ranger. Been there, done that....
SRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Never, EVER, feel bad about admitting to anything here on this forum!

It's my firm belief that there are 2 types of folks who post here... those that have learned by their mistakes, and those that haven't fessed-up to it yet!

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
MEGGA DITTO'S on THAT ronboc!!