Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2014, 09:27 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Battery Charge Line Dead

My 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE has a 7-pin connector for towing, but the 12v battery charge pin is deal. The wire is on the connector, but no power. Does anyone know where the fuse might be?
Thanks, kal3467
kal3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal3467 View Post
My 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE has a 7-pin connector for towing, but the 12v battery charge pin is deal. The wire is on the connector, but no power. Does anyone know where the fuse might be?
Thanks, kal3467
You likely have a fuse at each end. One at the source connection on the MH (mine is a 30A fuse in a yellow jacket located next to the Chassis Power Disconnect Switch)
The other will be somewhere at the Battery Connection on the Toad. Again, mine is in a Yellow Jacket next to the Positive Battery Terminal.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Has it ever worked for you, or is this the first time you've tried to use it?

If the former, blown fuse seems likely. BUT if the latter and yours is the Workhorse chassis:

There was a recall on those rigs involving the chassis battery cables. Fix was having them inspected/corrected by a service center. I bring this up only since it's possible that work might have affected or even interrupted the 12v feed line to the rig's 7-pin connection.

Here's the link to the recall info.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Make sure you check for power with the ignition on. Many are only powered with the key on.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Hi,
On my Roadmaster Falcon All-Terrain tow bar the Park / Running lights send power to trickle charge the Toad. I usually just drive with my lights on anyway and I added a "Headlights are still on" alarm to remind me to turn them off after turning the engine off. Check your Tow Package owners manual to see if yours requires the lights to be on or not.

Rich
Old 03-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #6

Battery Charge Line Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
You likely have a fuse at each end. One at the source connection on the MH (mine is a 30A fuse in a yellow jacket located next to the Chassis Power Disconnect Switch)
The other will be somewhere at the Battery Connection on the Toad. Again, mine is in a Yellow Jacket next to the Positive Battery Terminal.
Thanks for the reply. Can't find any fuse at the chassis power disconnect. Manual shows a black wire on the 7-pin connector.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #7

Battery Charge Line Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs050 View Post
Hi,
On my Roadmaster Falcon All-Terrain tow bar the Park / Running lights send power to trickle charge the Toad. I usually just drive with my lights on anyway and I added a "Headlights are still on" alarm to remind me to turn them off after turning the engine off. Check your Tow Package owners manual to see if yours requires the lights to be on or not.

Rich
Thanks for the input. Manual doesn't say the lights have to be on to power the charge wire, and I had the running lights on when I checked the connector for power.
Lee
Old 03-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #8

Thanks, I had the engine running when I checked for power on the connector.
Lee
Old 03-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #9

I have never used this pin before. I'm now setting up my CRV for towing and wanted the use the charge line on the connector. Thanks,
Lee

Tags
battery