Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2014, 10:25 AM   #1

Send a message via ICQ to Waterview202
Beaver severe electrical problem

2009 43 ft. beaver contessa lost 12 volt power to accessories,parking, clearance,and dash lights. have power to the board, and power to #30 terminal at relays, all fuses on board are good. any ideas would be helpful.
Waterview202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Do your headlights work? Sounds like it could be the headlight switch.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Waterview202
Yes the headlights and running lights work, the board is not getting power from the key switch to turn the relays on
Waterview202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:00 PM   #4

Sorry for not seeing this earlier. We have had very spotty internet on this trip. From what you are saying it sounds like you are talking chassis power. I am not sure what the "board" is that you are referring to is. Most of the chassis power in our 2004 Patriot is centered in the power area in an outside panel below the driver's seat. Is this the "board" you are referring to? And another issue that is unclear is whether you have fuses in this are or circuit breakers. We have circuit breakers on most of this in our rig. Most of the main elements on this power panel are marked so you can trace voltages with a simple voltage meter.

I cannot provide any quick answers since I have fortunately not experienced any problems with our chassis power. But, I would certainly check all items on this panel to see if there is a break in the current.
Bob&AnnaMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:10 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Not sure they will be the same, but I experienced a similar issue with our 2009 Marquis earlier this year. I found that there are "breakers" located in a cabinet in the rear (engine compartment) on the upper right side in an enclosed cabinet - it had four butterfly type screws holding the cover on. The breakers control several items in the MH, both coach and chassis. It took me forever (4 days of searching) to find my problem, but it turned out to be one of those "breakers" and they are resettable. Good luck
dtchild1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:23 PM   #6

Any resolution ?
kaosktrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #7

lauel

Your run box is no doubt different that mine is .....But...

There are 2 large solenoids in the front run bay under the drivers seat that are activated by the key switch.

One is ignition and one is accessory...

Your ignition solenoid powers up a terminal strip and fuse strips for all items for ignition and running.....check for power on the small terminals with the key on.....it may have failed......or the main self setting 12v breaker that supplies the ignition switch has failed.....it is also in the same front run box
pipedream2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, beaver