Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 42` 07 Camelot & the curb side slideout operates with 4 cables -- The top cable broke -- My dealer in Grass Valley CA. is sending me a new cable, with instructions on how to replace -- Anyone else had this problem? Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 42` 07 Camelot & the curb side slideout operates with 4 cables -- The top cable broke -- My dealer in Grass Valley CA. is sending me a new cable, with instructions on how to replace -- Anyone else had this problem? Bill Willard
Old 09-29-2007, 04:45 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi William -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the Monaco forum let me know.

I'm not familiar with the cableoperated systems, but I'm sure someone will come along on the forum soon who does know about them. Sorry to hear about the problem, and good luck!

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 05:59 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hi William:
Go to http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem...de/index.shtml
Good info there about the install, service and adjustments of the cable slide out units.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks ever so much, logthumper, for the info about the web site on the cable slides -- I couldn`t have completed the job without that video -- The instructions that came with the replacement cable didn`t have the depth that would be needed to do this job -- It took me a LOT longer to do the cable replacement than the video instructor -- One important thing I learned from this is, If your cables are frayed, replace them before they break -- It will be so much easier -- Bill Willard
Old 10-01-2007, 09:15 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
William,

Glad you got your slide repaired. I think it's great that you were able to successfully tackle that job on your own.

I have to ask a question purely out of curiosity, as I have never seen one of these Accu-Slides with the cables. Exactly where are these cables located? Can you visably see them from the outside along the sides of the slide when the slide is extended?
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, you can see the cables when the slide is extended -- There are 4 cables visible on the outside, one on each corner of the slide, that runs parallel into the sidewall of the coach -- There are 4 cables on the inside that you can feel when the slide is in, also on the corners -- This is a 8 cable system -- 4 extends & 4 retracts -- Most of the pulleys are out of sight, so a lot of the repair is by feel -- If you have this system, check for frayed cables, & replace before they break -- Bill Willard
Old 10-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Rob...
Do any of our slides have this system?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rob...
Do any of our slides have this system? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No. The SFT has two electric gear driven slides on the curbside, and the big full wall slide is hydraulic.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My coach has the cable system on the rear slide. Dealer says there is a access panel for the manual retraction. Where is the drive motor located? It is really well hidden in my coach.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
The motor & cable adjustments are in a cabinet over your slide -- The cabinet will be narrow in height & at least as long as the slide - The face of this cabinet is attached by clips -- Slide a knife or small screw driver under the face & very carefully pry the face off -- It is a little scary the first time -- The flex tool that you would use to manuel over ride the motor should be in your folder where all the owner manuels are -- It attaches to the motor, then use a drill -- Hope this helps -- Bill Willard
Old 01-19-2008, 05:26 PM   #12

I have a slide cable that is currently frayed. I want to replace it before it fails but have not been able to find who sells the replacement kit mentioned in the Norco BAL service/repair manual.
Hernandez6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hernandez6060
First off .. welcome to iRV2 ...and hopefully the Monaco Forum (just ask.. and we can make you an official member!)
you have come across the friendliest and most knowledagble RV forum o the web. Ok... to get to your question... can you PM me with some info on your coach or the part number of the NorcoBAL manual you make reference to?
I can do some homework for you if I know the particulars. I know of one person who did replace a cable... but I need to see if it is the same type.

Again...welcome to iRV2..and please feel free to hang out here and some of the other places on iRV2...you will find all sorts of things here!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:06 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Any of these dealers should be able to get the cable repair kit #22305 for you. W. Willard got his from DeMartini RV.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote