Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2015, 08:55 AM   #1

best way to sell my friends Monaco

I have a friend that is selling his Monaco. I don't remember all of the details of it, but it is a 40' diesel pusher with 4 slideouts. He lives in Iowa, but the rig is now down in the Kansas City area. He is going to put it on RTtrader, and the local craigs list. I am going to try to help him sell it after he sends me all the info that I need. Where would you list it that would get the most traffic? I am also going to suggest a place down in southern MO that will sell it on consignment. Not knowing much about Monaco's, I am not sure where someone looking for one would most likely go to find one. Any help would be appreciated.

Phil
brennaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Just my opinion here about selling a friends coach.

Find out what upgrades have been done to your friends coach and if there are service records, what they are and how far back do they go.

Research the exact year and model of your friends coach to find a reasonable starting price point. (The internet is your friend here)

It is important that it isnt way over priced, or way under priced.
In a short time you will see a high-low pattern.
Some dealers, (I believe PPL in Texas) list what their rigs sold for.

If you price is too high, all the best advertising isnt going to help and if too low, well sell it to me!

I can speak for more than a few of us who would be glad to under pay for a really good coach with a detailed service history.
Getting a fair price is not that hard.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #3

Sent you a note by private message.

Thanks,

Dan
dannyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:08 PM   #4

I probably did not word the question properly. How would you go about selling it if it were your rig? I suggested RVtrader, and the local Craigs list. But what other way would you try to get it out there for the most people to see it? Would you try to go to a Monaco specific forum, a consignment lot? What are the best sites to get it noticed?

Thanks
brennaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Putting it in the classified section on this forum might help get the word out, even if a member has no interest. But, a member might have a friend that is looking. The price of posting is right and it will get many views. Just saying.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:37 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Consignment shops will help here...
PPL and places like where we bought here in North Texas (Pro Sales RV) can make it not only LOOK brand new, but have the expertise to fix all manner of issues AND offer a warranty to the new buyer ...

The one we got was on the lot about 3 hours because the salesmen knew what we were looking for and as soon as he heard it was coming in, he called us... we showed up and it was BETTER than he said !

Good Luck, it is a good time to sell a good coach !

Tags
monaco