Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I made a slight mention in a post a little while ago that we noticed that the mappa burl inlays in our Beaver Coach cabinetry were delaminating, this on a coach that is out of warranty but is only about 2 years old. Upon further inspection (this was upsetting, believe me...) we found a total of 12 cabinet doors delaminating, a bubbled ceiling panel (also wood laminate), and the cherry wood kitchen table finish finish peeling off. This is our 2nd Beaver Coach, and our 3rd coach that is now a Monaco brand (the first coach was a '95 Safari).

Our initial contact with Monaco about this was, well, disappointing. However, after contacting the President and several other upper level management folks at Monaco, they worked very quickly at resolving the issue. They have now agreed to replace any woodwork affected by this issue in our coach, at their cost, here at our local repair facility. They have been apologetic about the initial response, and have asked us to fully inspect the coach and be sure that we include any woodwork issues that we find in this one time, good will offer. Today, we received a lovely letter from April Klein, VP of Customer Support Services, on behalf of Kay Toolson, John Nepute, and Nike Snell, all of whom had been the original recipients of my email. In her letter, she states "Thank you for writing and bringing this situation to our attention. We apologize for any frustration you experienced.... we appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you in the Monaco Coach Corporation family for many years to come." She also details the arrangements that we have agreed to, and to add to it, they had our service facility call today to verify a couple of the measurements on the cabinet doors, to insure that the new ones are correct.

Tony and I are business owners ourselves (several businesses, actually), and we understand the challenges of taking over an existing entity and for that matter, growing and building our own entities, while insuring that the experience is as good for our clients as we hope it is. As I often say, "I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken".

We are very impressed with the way Monaco has stepped up, and are standing behind their product. We love, love, love our coach, and knowing that there is a great company standing behind their product makes us even more loyal.

For the record, Monaco has come through for us on each of the three big items that we have asked them to.

So, many thanks to Monaco!

Here's a couple of pics of the interior so you know why the woodwork is such a huge part of the Beaver Coach...

Brenda, of...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:14 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I made a slight mention in a post a little while ago that we noticed that the mappa burl inlays in our Beaver Coach cabinetry were delaminating, this on a coach that is out of warranty but is only about 2 years old. Upon further inspection (this was upsetting, believe me...) we found a total of 12 cabinet doors delaminating, a bubbled ceiling panel (also wood laminate), and the cherry wood kitchen table finish finish peeling off. This is our 2nd Beaver Coach, and our 3rd coach that is now a Monaco brand (the first coach was a '95 Safari).

Our initial contact with Monaco about this was, well, disappointing. However, after contacting the President and several other upper level management folks at Monaco, they worked very quickly at resolving the issue. They have now agreed to replace any woodwork affected by this issue in our coach, at their cost, here at our local repair facility. They have been apologetic about the initial response, and have asked us to fully inspect the coach and be sure that we include any woodwork issues that we find in this one time, good will offer. Today, we received a lovely letter from April Klein, VP of Customer Support Services, on behalf of Kay Toolson, John Nepute, and Nike Snell, all of whom had been the original recipients of my email. In her letter, she states "Thank you for writing and bringing this situation to our attention. We apologize for any frustration you experienced.... we appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having you in the Monaco Coach Corporation family for many years to come." She also details the arrangements that we have agreed to, and to add to it, they had our service facility call today to verify a couple of the measurements on the cabinet doors, to insure that the new ones are correct.

Tony and I are business owners ourselves (several businesses, actually), and we understand the challenges of taking over an existing entity and for that matter, growing and building our own entities, while insuring that the experience is as good for our clients as we hope it is. As I often say, "I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken".

We are very impressed with the way Monaco has stepped up, and are standing behind their product. We love, love, love our coach, and knowing that there is a great company standing behind their product makes us even more loyal.

For the record, Monaco has come through for us on each of the three big items that we have asked them to.

So, many thanks to Monaco!

Here's a couple of pics of the interior so you know why the woodwork is such a huge part of the Beaver Coach...

Brenda, of...
Old 02-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
B & T:
That's great that Monaco stepped up and did the right thing. You guys have beautiful coach, and when we were in Quartzsite you showed me the delamination. Clearly, the fault was Monaco's.
Nice to hear another happy ending
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #4

Wow, that's pretty. Glad you are getting this resolved.
Jokers99
jokers99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #5

bsavage,
Glad Monaco is resolving this for you. Sounds like you said the right things in your letter to the president and other company management.
I do think Monaco does try to work with and make their customers happy.
We had the front of our motorhome repainted after a huge chunk was taken out of the front fiberglass by a piece of flying highway junk. They painted it for free when they didn't have to an you know I was extremely pleased about that.
Your coach is beautiful inside. Love all that wood.
Letsgoagain
Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I emailed my Kudos to Monaco's VP of Engineering yesterday:

Dear Mr. Hutchcraft,
As a former USN A-7E pilot, I enjoyed your Aviate, Navigate, Communicate dialog in your 2007 October/November Lifestyles column.

As a retired JSF Avionics Engineer and US Patent holder, I'm happy to report that my two years of RV engineering research, which always kept leading me back to the Camelot, is holding true with our 2007 Camelot purchased in August last year. Most of the issues (and the list is small) with our coach have been installation issues, attached, should you consider fine tuning installations/inspections.

Thank you for engineering such a fine product.

CC
Old 02-05-2008, 07:54 PM   #7

That's great, but the mere fact that you had to contact the President to get your problem resolved says nothing for Monaco's general Customer service.

Sad... very very sad....
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:58 AM   #8

It says a lot about Monaco to step to the plate and correct your problem. I had heard many many good things about Monaco and its products which is why our very first coach ended up being a 2006 Endeavor. Although I have had many smaller issues with mine and I think it was in the shop more the first 6 months than I had it available for my personal use. I can only hope they also step up to the plate and take care of the windshield wiper issue with my model and year before it too like others have stated here on this forum regarding the wiper assemblies coming apart. Just a big safety issue in my mind and I believe this issue with parts and install should be corrected my Monaco not my pocket.

Your coach is what people like me dream of having when and if I become a full timer. Many happy happy miles!!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks all for your responses. Regardless of how we got there, I am impressed that when the company upper management were made aware of the issue, there was immediate contact and resolution. And, I suppose I should mention that I contacted upper management instantly upon receiving an unsatisfactory answer from tech support (I'm not very patient), and it was customer service who called me back and handled the matter with great dignity and respect. That makes me a happy and loyal customer. Honestly, sometimes the people that run the company need to know what is happening. Again, I have to say, you can't fix it if you don't know it's broken, so often communication is key.

Brenda, of...