Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Yep... my stomping grounds in southern Indiana. Thanks for already making me feel welcomed to the gathering. So looking forward to new friends and learning more about my Monaco!
bklaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2018, 06:20 PM   #30

Just Seminars

I live nearby, and would like to come to a few of the seminars. Is there a price for that? just like 4 of them.

Thanks in Advance
Bob Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:42 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Prince View Post
I live nearby, and would like to come to a few of the seminars. Is there a price for that? just like 4 of them.

Thanks in Advance
Bob,

David posted these rates:

Rates for the 2019 Gathering are as follows;

Couples - $498.42, Two Adults per coach, Pets included, Includes all Taxes

Single - $423.88, One Adult per coach, Pets included. Includes all Taxes

Meals Only and Seminars - $131.08 per Couple or $65.54 per Individual

These Rates reflect a 10% discount based on a minimum of 50 Coaches. We will lose the discount if we have less than 50

As you can see there is no mention of attending the seminars only. I will ask David and see what he says.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Prince View Post

Thanks in Advance
Bob,

David responded to my email and said there would be no cost for just attending the seminars. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bob
Old 12-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Bob,

David responded to my email and said there would be no cost for just attending the seminars. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bob
Perfect! Thanks, see ya there!
Bob Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:40 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Bill D's Monacoers 2019 Gathering Update

It is now less than a Month until the 2019 Bill D's Monacoers Gathering!
THIS UPDATE IS LONG AND INCLUDES A LOT OF INFORMATION ABOUT THE GATHERING. I suggest printing it out and keep for reference.

We want to thank everyone that has registered and posted that you will be attending Bill D's Monacoers 2019 Gathering at Lazydays RV Resort in Seffner, FL, Tuesday, February 26th, 2019 thru Sunday, March 3rd, 2019.

As of this date FIFTY SIX (56) Members have confirmed they have made reservations with Lazydays for the Gathering.

REGISTRATION NOTES
• Attendees not staying at Lazydays RV Park, but joining us for the evening meals must make reservations with Lazydays.
• Lazydays will collect money for meals when you arrive and register. This will ensure that they have a correct head count for the meals.
• There is no charge to attend the Seminars only.
• When you make your reservation, you will be asked for a credit card number for a deposit. Your credit card will not be charged until you arrive and check in.
• Once you have confirmed your reservations with Lazydays, please post on the Bill D’s Monacoers Forum (Yahoo Groups) or email David Pratt at "viperrrr at msn dot com" so we can keep track and have a record of those attending.
• ANY MEMBER WHO HAS A SPECIAL DIET WILL HAVE TO LET THE CHEF NOW IN ADVANCE AND HE WILL DO HIS BEST TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR NEEDS!

RATES
• Rates for the Gathering include your Full Hook Up Site with 50AMP service, five evening meals, seminars/presentations, and all taxes.
• Lazydays RV Park no longer includes the complimentary breakfast and lunch with your reservation. Breakfast and Lunch is still being served at the Front Porch restaurant in the Lazydays main building for a modest charge. There is also a Cracker Barrel onsite and several restaurants nearby.
• Couples - $498.42 (2 adults, pets included)
• Single - $423.88 (1 adult, pets included)
• Seminars & Meals –$65.54 per person

OTHER NOTES
• Comments or suggestions are welcomed. You can either post on the Bill D’s Monacoers Forum (Yahoo Groups) or email David Pratt at "viperrrr at msn dot com".
• All members who are attending, if you have name tags please wear them. It sure makes it easier to put a name with a face. If you do not have a name tag, there will be sticky labels available during the Gathering.
• A list of attendees and their site number will be included in your goody bag along with a copy of the schedule/agenda when you register at the Lazydays RV Park Office. Do not Forget to pick it up!
• There is usually an informal parts swap that goes on during the Gathering. Please bring any RV related parts that you’d like to sell, swap, trade, or give away!

AGENDA NOTES
• Chris Throgmartin will be doing awning, slide topper, slide-out and lower belt line inspections. Anyone wanting Chris to inspect their coach will need to sign-up on the sign-up sheet at the meet and greet dinner Tuesday evening or any of the evening dinners, time permitting.
• Bill Groves will be weighing coaches again this year. Anyone wanting to have their Coach weighed coach will need to sign-up on the sign-up sheet at the meet and greet dinner Tuesday evening or any of the evening dinners, time permitting. Please note that the Monacoers request a small charitable contribution for coach weighing.
• The Lazydays Chef will also be doing a presentation, "Unlocking the Mysteries of Microwave/Convection Oven Cooking" on Thursday, February 28th at 1:30PM.
• As requested, we have added a presentation on "How to Search the Monacoers Site for the Parts List, Files and Members", David Pratt has graciously agreed to present this information, so play nice!
• We have also added a Seminar/Presentation about Auxiliary Braking and The RVi Auxiliary Brake System on Thursday February 28th at 2:30PM
• I CANNOT EXPRESS ENOUGH THAT IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE NEED AS MANY MEMBERS ATTENDING THESE SEMINARS AS POSSIBLE. THE PRESENTERS ARE THERE FOR YOU AND TO GIVE YOU VALUABLE AND UPDATED INFORMATION AND TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT LEARN!

2019 BILL D's MONACOERS' GATHERING SCHEDULE AND SEMINAR AGENDA

TUESDAY, February 26 – Arrival Day & Registration
5:00 PM - Meet and Greet Party. Menu: BBQ Spare Ribs, BBQ Chicken. Dinner rolls & Choc Chip cookies. Sides: Cold Slaw, Potato Salad, Water/sodas/Iced Tea.

WEDNESDAY, February 27 - Seminars/Presentations
9:00 AM - TYRON Bands Run Flat System and Tire Safety & Maintenance by Chuck Thatcher.
10:30 AM - Body Caulking and Slide Floor Rot Repair & Maintenance by Chris Throgmartin from StoneVos.
Noon – Lunch
1:30 PM - Motorhome Magnum Inverter Systems, Open Table Discussion- Craig French.
5:30 PM - Italian Buffet Dinner. Menu: Chicken Parmesan served with Penne Alfredo, Assorted Cheesecake, Roasted Garden Vegetables, Italian Salad w/Dressing, Garlic Bread, Assorted sodas, water, tea, coffee (Reg.& Decaf).

THURSDAY, February 28 – Seminars/Presentations
9:00 AM - Roadmaster Chassis Suspension Handling and Sheppard Steering Upgrades by Van Williams and Craig French.
10:30 AM - Fire Suppression and Fire Safety - FireFight by Jim Bounds.
Noon – Lunch
1:30 PM - Microwave-Convection Oven Cooking Class - Lazy Days Chef.
2:30 PM - Auxiliary Braking Safety and RVi by Dave Harlow from Shorecrest.
5:30 PM - Southern Fried Chicken Dinner. Menu: Southern Fried Chicken, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Dinner Rolls; Chocolate Chip Cookies; assorted soda, water, tea, coffee (Reg & Decaf).

FRIDAY, March 1st – Seminars/Presentations
9:00 AM - Cummins Engine Service and Maintenance by Cummins Rep - Dave Eaton.
10:30 AM - Cummins/Onan Generator Service and Maintenance by Cummins Rep - Karl Smith
Noon – Lunch
1:30 PM - Allison Transmission Service and Maintenance by Allison Rep - Derek Gallo.
5:30 PM - Ham Buffet Dinner. Menu: Baked Ham served with Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Broccoli, Garden Salad, Artisan Rolls and Butter, Variety of Layer Cakes; assorted soda, water, tea, coffee (Reg & Decaf).

SATURDAY, March 2nd - Monacoers Open Round Table Discussion Day! OPEN TO ALL ATTENDEES!!!
9:00 AM – UNTIL - Roundtable Maintenance Q & A hosted by David Pratt and Bill Groves.
We are going to open the Round Table Session with a discussion on Batteries, Battery types, Maintenance and Inverters. David Pratt will also present a discussion on "How to Find Files, Discussions and Members on the Monacoers Forum.
Anything and Everything about the Monaco Brand Coaches and Accessories and Equipment is on the table for Open Discussions to Discuss Problems, Fixes, Repairs, Upgrades, Modifications, Technical Problems with any/all of the attendees at the Gathering.
BRING YOUR QUESTIONS AND PREPARE TO TAKE NOTES!!!!
THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR NEW MEMBERS TO THE FORUM AND GROUP.
The Round Table Discussions will be open as long as necessary to also include visiting other Members Coaches to see and Compare Modifications & Upgrades.
EVERYONE SHOULD ATTEND THIS OPEN FORUM, INCLUDING THE LADIES
5:30 PM - Traditional Meatloaf Buffet Dinner. Menu: Meatloaf, Garden Salad, Sautéed Broccoli, Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Baked Artisan Rolls & Butter, Variety of layer cake, assorted soda, water, tea, coffee (Reg & Decaf).

SUNDAY, March 3rd– Departure Day

See you all in February!!!!!! DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS EVENT!!!!!
Smhutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 06:21 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Looking forward very much to this event, Scott and team, meeting a lot of good folks and learning more about our coach.

Thank you for all of your efforts!

We're considering not bringing a toad this time. Any idea if LazyDays has a 'grocery shuttle/etc' or if any stores are nearby? I was on hold with them for a long time today to ask that question before my cell battery went down.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:43 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
We're considering not bringing a toad this time. Any idea if LazyDays has a 'grocery shuttle/etc' or if any stores are nearby? I was on hold with them for a long time today to ask that question before my cell battery went down.

Since I take my toad, it’s not a question I’ve asked. There’s a Publix Grocery store and a Wal-mart a couple of miles up the road. I’ll be happy to take you on a grocery run if that helps you decide.
Old 01-31-2019, 04:58 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the offer, Scott.

I was thinking of taking a taxi or maybe walk (if close), but kinda figured I might be able to find some kind soul in the group who'd allow me to take advantage of them, but don't like to impose unless necessary . Besides, sounds like we're going to be doing lots of eating on-site anyways !

Between family and personal issues over the past year, I haven't been able to get under the new coach and finish the install of the AF-One brake yet, and time is running short.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:43 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Thanks for the offer, Scott.

I was thinking of taking a taxi or maybe walk (if close), but kinda figured I might be able to find some kind soul in the group who'd allow me to take advantage of them, but don't like to impose unless necessary . Besides, sounds like we're going to be doing lots of eating on-site anyways !

Between family and personal issues over the past year, I haven't been able to get under the new coach and finish the install of the AF-One brake yet, and time is running short.
When you get tired of Scott's company I will also be glad to give you a ride. There are not any grocery stores within walking distance but there are a few places to eat close by. Within walking distance are two truck stops, a Cracker Barrel and a Bob Evans. Meals can be purchased at the Lazydays cafeteria and they have a nice RV parts store with all the usual stuff that a Camping World would have.

Bob
Old 01-31-2019, 06:05 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Now, now, guys. No fighting. I'm sure we can work out a fair arrangement for everyone to take turns taxiing me and wife around everywhere.

Seriously, that's an awesome offer from y'all. I don't feel I've had enough time to wring all the potential hidden bugs out of the coach since we got it, and am reluctant to pile on any anything extra for its essentially 'maiden' voyage. Going thru Miami traffic is daunting enough, even in just a car at midnite (and I usually keep my eyes closed anyways).

Obviously, we're going try to fully-stock before we get there, but there's always something that we'd forget.

Thanks again!!
Old 01-31-2019, 09:26 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Obviously, we're going try to fully-stock before we get there, but there's always something that we'd forget.

We’ve got your back.

Scotty
Old 02-22-2019, 03:24 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
For anyone arriving a bit early we are settled in site 62 and if you are on a walk about feel free to say hello. We can talk steering gears, Watts Links and Cross bars if you wish, or just enjoy happy hour. We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Safe travels.

Craig and Angie
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKnight View Post
For anyone arriving a bit early we are settled in site 62 and if you are on a walk about feel free to say hello. We can talk steering gears, Watts Links and Cross bars if you wish, or just enjoy happy hour. We are looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Safe travels.

Craig and Angie
Craig, buddy great to hear from you. Sure do wish we could've made it this year but just wasn't in the cards. Maybe next year!! Hope yours and Van's presentation goes well and yall have a great time. Enjoy the weather. Tell e everyone we said "Hey".

Chad and Lorre
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco