RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Black tank sensors not reading

I have a 08 Camelot 42 PDQ. Suddenly, the sensors on the black tank have quit working. Grey tank sensors are working fine.
Donít think they are dirty because the were working on the last trip, and I just made a sprayer that I put down the toilet and sprayed it throughly without any luck.
Guess the next step is to remove The dreaded white wall in the wet bay and try to find and test the sensors.
As always, any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks,
Greg

gnlandrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #2

I'm not sure, but I seem to remember reading a thread that said there is a fuse and adjustment pots behind the readout panel, cannot remember what make/model.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ray, that would be great.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Not to familiar with your unit, but our tanks have only one sensor made by CatCon, in the bottom of each tank, connected by a Telephone cable. If you empty the tank and then remove the sensor, try rinsing it out or flushing it. There is a very thin membrane in the sensor so be carefully not to stick anything down in there and rupture the membrane. If this is the setup you have, new sensors are available from Catcon on line in the $50 range. Like I said, you may or may not have this setup, not familiar with your rig. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
Old 09-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #5

Look at a garnet see level with blue tooth. Simple, way more accurate, mounts to the outside of the tanks.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Jobert is correct. Find the gray RJ11 telephone cable in the wet bay and follow it to the sensor. The sensor will be near the bottom of the tank on either side. You will see the black sensor with the telephone cable plugged into it. The sensor is just over 1" dia on the hex and the threads are 3/4"npt.

I've tried to clean sensors, but the membrane is delicate and I've not been successful.
Link to new sensors:
https://shop.catconproducts.com/prod...5&categoryId=2
Northwest RV Supply carry's them also:
Aladdin Tank Sensor 16622728: nwrvsupply.com

The Aladdin system does not have adjustment pots. You will need to set the sensor calibration both with the tank empty, and then full. You do this on your Aladdin video display. See the attached guide.
Let me know if you have any questions?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aladdin Troubleshooting Guide[1].pdf (1.68 MB, 1 views)
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:03 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
What does the tank monitor in the wet read? Is it the same as the inside tank monitor?

I was the one that posted about adjusting the gray and black tank pots on the back of the monitor board. Two of us that did adjust the pots had only a short term fix, like very short.

If both monitors donít read the black tank, then look at tank sensors and wiring. If one reads OK, then it is a bad monitor board on the one that doesnít read the black tank.

Both the inside and outside monitor boards are the same, even though the monitors themselves are different.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all !!! Both monitors illuminate only the empty light so I guess itís a bad sensor. Now, I have to see if I can access the sensor without removing the white wall in the wet bay 🤞🤞.
I will report what I find.
Thanks!
Old 09-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
This is a picture of two bad sensors, and one new one on the left. They get clogged up with stuff. I now use blue Dawn dish soap to clean the tanks regularly and only use the Scott rapid disolving RV toilet paper from Walmart.

When you change the sensor, wrap it well with Teflon tape and put it in hand tight plus 1/4 turn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank sensors.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	260096  
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Vito ! Shall do. I have a tendency to over tighten EVERYTHING! I will be careful.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
When you change the sensor, wrap it well with Teflon tape and put it in hand tight plus 1/4 turn.

When working with plastic fittings I have found it is better to use TFE Paste instead of tape. You are less likely to split the female fitting.

Carl

Tags
black tank, tank