Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2015, 08:14 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Black tank spray head location?

I have an 06 Holiday Rambler endeavor 40 ft and need to unplug the black tank sprayer head can anyone tell me the exact location of this? I realize it's going to be on the top somewhere but cannot locate it
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If yours is like my '06 Endeavor PAQ (dunno which model you have, but probably the same underneath), it's in the compartment directly opposite the water bay.

That compartment doesn't have a latch assembly, but you can crawl underneath and undo the screws that hold the door closed. I found enough extra storage space above the tanks that I added a latch and a piece of plywood to make it useful.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Once you find it, where Rustytools said it is, you may to enlarge the spray holes so it does not plug up again. Just use a drill bit about two sizes larger than the existing holes.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 09:42 AM   #4

Ok I will look thanks to both of you
Old 03-02-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
If you will put a screen washer in the flusher inlet connection you may avoid this problem in the future.

I would be concerned that enlarging the holes in the nozzle would reduce the effectiveness of it. Think about it like this....if you have a hose with no nozzle and turn on the water, how hard and far does the water go? Not put a straight nozzle on the end and see how far it goes!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Good point about putting in a screen filter, especially if you have sediment/etc in the waterline.

I've had to clean my sprayer a few times too, but it's always been because of the 'other' side of the spray-holes. Even though I'm diligent about trying to keep the tank(s) clean, a layer always seems to develop. Even put in an 8" access-port to verify, and found about 1/2" build-up around the entire inside of the black-water tank.

BTW, that's the main reason the OEM tank-level sensors are seldom accurate after awhile - they get covered-up and can't sense liquid level.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I guess we've been lucky. The spray nozzle clogged up one time, but it was not from the stuff inside the tank, it was from something going through the line. In fact, it was clogged from the nozzle back a couple of inches into the tubing!

Since we have been using the Happy Camper treatment, along with the flusher, our gauges have worked great!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I put in larger hole because mine was clogged from the tank side. As far as being effective my sprayers located on the opposite side from the dump and that side slopes up. So unless I let the tank fill to close to 100% most of what I want flush out is on the dump side of the tank. I don't think the force of the spray has much to do flushing the tank.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdave View Post
I put in larger hole because mine was clogged from the tank side. As far as being effective my sprayers located on the opposite side from the dump and that side slopes up. So unless I let the tank fill to close to 100% most of what I want flush out is on the dump side of the tank. I don't think the force of the spray has much to do flushing the tank.

Dave, I think the main reason for having as much force in the spray as possible is to dislodge anything sticking to the sides and top of the tank, and then to the bottom as it is almost empty. JMHO
Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Joe & Annette
If I recall correctly when I removed mine all of holes pointed straight down, so I am not sure how the pressure would hit the sides or top of the tank.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:57 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdave View Post
Joe & Annette
If I recall correctly when I removed mine all of holes pointed straight down, so I am not sure how the pressure would hit the sides or top of the tank.

I can't imagine them making it like that! Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the flusher! You might want to replace that nozzle! JMHO
Old 03-04-2015, 07:09 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I found the same thing as itdave when I cleaned out my flusher - pointed down and fairly small holes to boot. Altho the original concept may be to try and 'scrub' the entire tank with the fixed sprayer, it's beyond me as to how good it would happen in real life. Having those relatively-few fixed holes to develop an actual pressure-wash effect and the fact that they're located at the far-end of an 8' long tank, I'd think that if the water-spray did help then that's all for the good, but I don't depend on them alone.

I was in there (well, figuratively-speaking anyway) with my access-port and camera-probe, and there wasn't a lot of action from the sprayer. It did create cleaner tracks or paths in the tank where the jets hit, but not a wholesale flushing of material like you'd expect/think.

I also use one of those long spray-wands with the rotating-head that you stick down the toilet-hole, and even it only does an 'ok' job of getting all the way to the far reaches of the tank.

I can envision something like a swimming-pool 'slinky' that moves around by itself and eventually gets all over and into all of the corners/sides/top. That would bring the pressure-wash effect to where it's needed.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I hadn't thought about the fact that the spray nozzle is in the end of the long tank! When I cleaned my nozzle I didn't really look at the placement of the holes, so maybe mine only has the holes in the bottom! You know what they say about "assuming"! When the weather gets a LOT nicer I am going to remove that nozzle and look at it more closely!
Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 AM   #14

How To Unplug The Black Tank Sewage Flusher Without Taking Anything Apart

It is called the CLR Method. I told this to Gary Bunzer "The RV Doctor" when I met him at the FMCA 50th Anniversary Rally in Gillette, Wy. He printed this in the Jan issue of FMCA page 28.

CLR Method:
1) Take a short piece of hose (10-20ft.) and connect it to your water source.
2) Pour 1/2 bottle of CLR in the open end of the hose and connect it to your RV at the sewer flusher inlet.
3) Turn the water on VERY LOW pressure so as to move the CLR very slowly thru the system to the clogged sprayer head. It will reopen the blocked holes without taking anything apart or trying to drill larger holes in the sprayer head with will reduce the PSI pressure and force of the water.
4) This method may take more than one try (2 Or 3).

Added Info:
Black tank sprayer heads are located in the upper middle of the tank and directed downward to the floor of the tank to help move the heavy sludge out of the tank.

Happy Camping
Czar Of Poop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, tank