RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
BlueFire for Roadmaster Chassis R4R

I have a 2004 Monoco Caymen 34PDD with a Roadmaster R$R chassis has any one used the Blue Fire Data Adapter for motorhomes on this chassis
i hve a cumminsv ILS 300 w/ 5 speed allison trans

My vehicle has 2 connectors:

GRAY Deutsch 6 pin connector at the steering wheel it has 4 pins used & 2 not used. It is labled ENGINE. However the vehicle manual says itís the ABS connector???

GRAY 9 Pin Deutsch connector at the rear engine compartment only 7 of the 9 pins are used. The vehicle manual says this is the engine Diagnostics plug

Which one should be used to?

or can both be used ( obverserly at separate times) one to check ABS SYSTEM AND ONE FOR ENGINE?

I assume ther Dongle device will NOT be able to send the single from the rear of the coach to the drivers area 34ft away??

Peter S.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2019, 07:39 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There's a couple threads on the (Gosh! dare I say it? ... ) 'Newmar' Forum. They seem to be pretty up on the BlueFire system and its intricancies, and hopefully have more insight.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you do a search with 'bluefire' in it and click the IRV2 (not the google button), it will put you right into the conversations.

I've seriously considered it and when/if the Alladin dies, that will be my solution.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
ScanGauge

I recently purchased a ScanGuage. Very easy to use and provides very similar information albeit on a smaller screen. Very happy with mine. Good price and solid support.
Rfriebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschweizer View Post
I have a 2004 Monoco Caymen 34PDD with a Roadmaster R$R chassis has any one used the Blue Fire Data Adapter for motorhomes on this chassis
i hve a cumminsv ILS 300 w/ 5 speed allison trans

My vehicle has 2 connectors:

GRAY Deutsch 6 pin connector at the steering wheel it has 4 pins used & 2 not used. It is labled ENGINE. However the vehicle manual says itís the ABS connector???

GRAY 9 Pin Deutsch connector at the rear engine compartment only 7 of the 9 pins are used. The vehicle manual says this is the engine Diagnostics plug

Which one should be used to?

or can both be used ( obverserly at separate times) one to check ABS SYSTEM AND ONE FOR ENGINE?

I assume ther Dongle device will NOT be able to send the single from the rear of the coach to the drivers area 34ft away??

Peter S.
Please see my post in this thread VMSPC replacement option
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, fire, roadmaster