Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

Bose Can speakers distribution unit location

A newbie here. I have a Monoco 2003 Signature and having a problem with sound coming out of the Bose CAn Speakers. I have sound to the Bose 28 Unit coming out of the ear phone spot as i have tested there. I have looked all over the rv to fine the distribution unit and cannot find it in order to test it. Hopefully some one would have knowledge as to where this unit is. Thanks to any one who can help.
Freddiev
Freddiev is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On my 2004 Sig. the sub is under the kitchen sink next to the outside wall. To get back there I would need to be a contortionist. I can barley touch it. Mine works great and we use it to listen to the TV shows, DVD's and the radio. All the controls are on the remote. Different buttons to push for different inputs.

Good luck
Dave
Old 03-09-2014, 03:14 PM   #3

Dave, thanks, I will try to look there to see if I can find the speaker distribution unit. I have a full 58 page wiring diagram book that I got with the RV when I first purchased it. However in many places, it does not say where the component is.
Thanks again,
Freddiev
Old 03-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #4

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	57837I hope this diagram comes up as I am new to dong this.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #5

I looked at the unit under my kitchen sink. I see what you are saying. What I see looks like a small computer tower. About 6" wide, seems like about 18" deep and 18" tall. I am not sure how a person could get to it without having to remove a lot of plumbing
Old 03-10-2014, 07:19 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freddiev , that is the distribution unit and the sub wolffer. I would think that is not your problem. I would bet it is in the wiring above the pass seat. Something is not plugged in to the DVD player. It controls everything. I bet it is not getting a signal from your sat receiver, cable input, or the OTA (over the air) antenna. Also make sure the unit under the counter has power, should be plugged in. Do all the other plugs work, the GFI's sometimes control more than one plug Maybe you can find a manual for that model Bose system.

Good luck
Dave
Old 03-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #7

Dave, the rear tv works okay sound and video, and the plasma up front shows video. I do have sound to head phones off the Bose unit. I wonder if there is a way to somehow test the output from the Bose unit. That output looks kind of like an s-video style connector. I really appreciate your letting me know what that is under the sink, I sure hope I don't have to go there. Just to the right of that unit is a 110 receptacle and a plug with the wire going it appears down into the floor. I am not sure if it is the one that serves the distribution unit, but I will check today to see if it has current. Thanks again
Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #8

Checked and current is good. I think I am about ready to see if I can do a complete remake to a wireless system. Monoco must have put the unit under the sink before they put the top cabinet and sink in. Thanks again for your input.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I still think your problem is in the wiring on the back of the upper unit. Remove the Bose unit in the top cabinet and see where the inputs go. I know it looks like a nightmare of wires up there. I took out all the Monaco installed remotes and sending units and only use the Bose and Sharp TV remotes. If the Bose has no input signal then no sound. It sounds like it is time to get a TV installer expert. Most shops have people who do that. When I had my Winegard Traveler Sat Dish installed he hooked up everything and it works great. He took everything out of the cabinet and rehooked it all up. I don't think the problem is it the sub / distribution unit

Dave
Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #10

Thanks again, Dave. I am taking your advice on this one. I have done all I can think of and don't have much hair left. Time to go get an expert on this one. You take care.
Freddie
Old 03-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhinds View Post
Freddiev , that is the distribution unit and the sub wolffer. I would think that is not your problem. I would bet it is in the wiring above the pass seat. Something is not plugged in to the DVD player. It controls everything. I bet it is not getting a signal from your sat receiver, cable input, or the OTA (over the air) antenna. Also make sure the unit under the counter has power, should be plugged in. Do all the other plugs work, the GFI's sometimes control more than one plug Maybe you can find a manual for that model Bose system. Good luck Dave
That is the distribution system. The small deck in the front sends left and right analog to that box. The headphone jack on the small deck may work even though you have a blown box. I blew mine up and replaced it with a Yamaha 7:2 and Polk audio. Love it!!!
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddiev View Post
Checked and current is good. I think I am about ready to see if I can do a complete remake to a wireless system. Monoco must have put the unit under the sink before they put the top cabinet and sink in. Thanks again for your input.
It will come out. The sink floor should remove in three pieces.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Freddie:

I have a similar unit that stopped working. I found a great repair shop and they helped me with the troubleshooting of the unit and then the subsequent repair. VERY knowledgeable people. Here is from a post that I had on another IRV2 forum:

Our 2000 Monaco Dynasty has a Bose Lifestyle 30 surround sound system. It stopped working about 2 weeks ago. I did research to find someone that could repair this older unit on the internet. I ran across Norbern Electronics, Stereo Repair, Bose Service, Colorado Springs (Norbern Electronics, Stereo Repair, Bose Service, Colorado Springs). After trading a couple of emails it was quickly determined that the base module was the culprit. They provided me with specific directions as to how to remove and package the unit. I shipped it off UPS and received it back 10 days later repaired. It is working PERFECTLY. I wanted to pass along this information to you in case you ever need a professional electronics repair company. It's nice when if works out this easily.

Pat
patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:22 AM   #14

Thanks Folks for all your help.
Freddie

Tags
cat