Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #1

Brake Help

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the RVing world, having purchased a pristine 34' 2006 HR Vacationer PBD last year..I've already done about 6000 miles of road trips and her and have only had a few minor problems..until now: My ABS light comes on and stays on after the first time the brakes are applied once on the road..what's up? Also my Fridge gets a fault code when using AC so will only work using propane..I'm pretty much a do-it-yourself kinda guy and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks for allowing me into this group...Kevin
Troutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #2

Kevin; Welcome to iRV2.

Hate to say it but ; in order to be of any real help we're going to have to get you to post info on your coaches chassis manufacturer , and fridge make and model.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #3

Thanks, Skip...it's a Holiday Rambler with roadmaster (?) chassis...diesel pusher..Dometic Fridge with Icemeaker..I'm not home right now but will resend info and error code from manual..appreciate your help...Kev
Old 09-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Kevin! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:22 PM   #5

Hi Kevin

this place is great

Safe travels
2015 GMC Denali 3500 SRW CC SWB
Stever53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club

Glad to have you here in the forum with us.

Happy Trails!!!
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:00 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Fridge: there was a thread a few days ago about the exact same problem. See if you can find it, a fuse in the control panel blows. Also check the heater elements, too.

ABS: Download the fault code and you probably will find a wheel sensor not giving a signal.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #8

Thanks for the help..replaced a blown fuse at the control box for the fridge...problem continues..will try the error codes when I get home..
Old 09-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutguy View Post
Thanks for the help..replaced a blown fuse at the control box for the fridge...problem continues..will try the error codes when I get home..
Check the resistance and wires for the heater elements next.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:46 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
On my rig I can retrieve the fault codes, I'm sure you should be able to.

Last fault I had was for a wheel sensor, pulled the front drivers side, cleaned, reinstalled and it fixed the problem.

I've also had problem with the ABS module, located in the front drivers side electrical compartment. The button on the module would get dirt in it and hang up causing the light to come on. Removed the module, used compressed air to clean and reinstalled. Also added a separate ground wire to the module.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:23 AM   #11
YC1

Welcome to the forum.

I am going to attach several files. These are from about 6-7 years ago but still apply.

One of the best suggestions for finding even more answers is to use the search function that is on the top. The little box that says powered by google. There is a little tick mark showing IRV2 that will narrow the search for use. Do not use any other search functions you find because they are about worthless.

Type in something like, ABS brakes Monaco and it will take you to many pages of information.

You may need to zoom in on some of the attachments I am providing. This was quite a few years ago so the quality of the print screens is not as good as it can be.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	177767   Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	216.8 KB
ID:	177769  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ABS2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	177770  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ABS repport IRV2.pdf (1.13 MB, 14 views)
File Type: pdf ABS.pdf (372.6 KB, 16 views)

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:29 AM   #12
YC1

This is an old report from years back.

I have an 08 Endeavor and it has acted up on occasion too. This is a common issue but on a recent trip mine came on and stayed on. Shutting the engine off and on did not help as in the past. Lots of folks mention cleaning the sensors but there is no way to clean the ones on my mh. The following information is copied from previous threads and I keep a copy to quote from.

"In the front run bay, there is a relay with a reset button specifically for the purposes of resetting it--somehow--check owner's manual or call Monaco tech support...I bet with all the disconnecting you did, you might have thrown the relay for a loop.

Also try turning off batteries. You might need to drive over 5 mph to get them to reset."

My front run bay does not have a reset button. I actually looked for one yesterday and did not find one. Turning off the batteries might clear it for awhile.

Here is how I think I resolved mine. I am an ET with 40 yrs in the vehicle electronics installation business. Not abs or such but radios etc. Cop car build ups and fire trucks so some excellent experience.

Mine too was intermittent and weather sometimes seemed to be the cause but a particular bump I go over seemed to trigger it on more than one occasion. Once the light is on the cruise control does not lock on my unit.

As I was trying to figure out how to remove the sensors I discovered they have a long pigtail going to a plug. Research showed me that they should have about 1700 ohms resistance. Following the wire to the plug the first one over the rear axel showed signs of water corrosion on the pins. I cleaned all four sensors and checked their resistance. Using some WD 40 on each connector before reconnecting them should help keep the water out. I only found one that was really suspect and a second that showed only slight signs of water. Since doing this I have not had an issue. We just took a 300 mile trip and it worked perfectly. I am confident this solved my problem.

Except they came on again on a shorter trip after hitting that special bump on hwy 20.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a long time I was afraid to pull the front sensors out because they seemed very very tight. I finally gave one a twist and it moved. It came out without much effort after that. It was very greasy and had a large clump of grease and grime on the end of the left front one. The lump was about 1/8 inch thick. This definitely could be the issue. After cleaning them I test drove a short distance and no issues. The sensors do not go in as far as you might think. There is quite a bit still sticking out once inserted. There is a copper/brass looking insert the sensor sits in. Mine seemed to be in pretty good shape but that clump of grease on the one was significant.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:33 AM   #13
YC1

I reviewed some of my notes on those attachements and saw that "clogged fuel filters" can cause issues. I seem to remember those comments. As dumb as that sounds these computers might get confused by some poor acceleration sense or hesitation we cannot feel. I have seen "impossible" things in my career that just did not add up but resolved mysterious issues.

Tags