Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Brakeswitch.com

I'm a little late to the game and it appears these guys are no longer in business. Does anybody know of a preplacement product that will allow me to run the pac brake with the cruise on? The search feature here isn't very specific if you put more than one word in the box.
Red Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I bought a BrakeSwitch for or Windsor just a short time before he shut down the business.

I understand that the most later MH's can be programmed to do the same thing, not requiring any hardware.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:35 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
OK thanks, I pick it up next week, I'll have to check it out then.
Red Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:01 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rocker View Post
OK thanks, I pick it up next week, I'll have to check it out then.
As Joe says if it is a later model Cummins you can take the coach to a Cummins service center and get the computer programmed to operate the cruise while the Pac brake switch is on. The Pac brake will not actually operate but the braking mode of the Allison transmission will work. It will actually downshift to slow you down while the cruise is on if the coach speed exceeds 5 MPH over the cruise setting. The Pac brake will only engage after you press on the brake peddle consequently cancelling the cruise.

I believe some of the late model Monaco's were shipped with the feature.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:03 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Bob.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:07 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
As Joe says if it is a later model Cummins you can take the coach to a Cummins service center and get the computer programmed to operate the cruise while the Pac brake switch is on. The Pac brake will not actually operate but the braking mode of the Allison transmission will work. It will actually downshift to slow you down while the cruise is on if the coach speed exceeds 5 MPH over the cruise setting. The Pac brake will only engage after you press on the brake peddle consequently cancelling the cruise.

I believe some of the late model Monaco's were shipped with the feature.

Bob
I recall asking Monaco about this long ago... back when they had their engineering people at rallies. I was told to ask Cummins... spoke to Cummins and they told me to ask Allison ... Allison told me I should speak to Monaco or Cummins, I do not recall which but knew it didn't matter... infinite loop.

[I'm so used to the way it is now I don't know if I'd be comfortable with the change, but I'd try it if I knew I could go back ]
Old 02-20-2018, 05:17 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpasetto View Post
I recall asking Monaco about this long ago... back when they had their engineering people at rallies. I was told to ask Cummins... spoke to Cummins and they told me to ask Allison ... Allison told me I should speak to Monaco or Cummins, I do not recall which but knew it didn't matter... infinite loop.

[I'm so used to the way it is now I don't know if I'd be comfortable with the change, but I'd try it if I knew I could go back ]
Hi there Rick, sounds like when I was young and would ask one parent for permission to do something. That parent would always refer me to the other parent.

Thought you had the engine brake. Think that must be different.

Have not heard back from you on Moultrie. Send me an email and let me know one way or the other.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Hi there Rick, sounds like when I was young and would ask one parent for permission to do something. That parent would always refer me to the other parent.

Thought you had the engine brake. Think that must be different.

Bob
Yes, my Dynasty has the Engine Brake. My questions were about operating the cruise control while the EB switch was in the "ON" position; the idea here is that upon tapping the service brake the cruise control would go off and if the EB switch was on, it would immediately activate. That's the way the PacBrake switch had worked on my Diplomat.

With either type of braking system, it's a switch which activates a Solenoid/Relay; I think, in principle if it can be done with the PB it should work likewise with the EB. That's what inspired me to ask Monaco, Allison & Cummins.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:56 AM   #9
YC1

Are you using this search box? The one below it has been poor for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search box.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	193036  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, brakes, switch