RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Hi no hurries - no worries

There ya go. Glad to have y'all with us. Let us know a little about you when you get a chance.

(and I LOVE the name!)

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
ronboc,

We are new to the forum and new to RVing. We educated ourselves and watched the market for over a year before our coach (an 01 Exec) reached out and grabbed us last week. We will be full timers in a little less than a year. We are looking forward to meeeting many fine folks and seeing as much of our great country as we can. Thanks for the compliment on our name. It will be painted, or shall I say, emblazoned across the back of our rig. It is the way we wish to travel. I am a bit curious about the term y'all. It was my understanding that when one refers to two or more people the correct term to use is "all y'all". Could you please clear this up for me?

Old 08-01-2007, 03:57 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Heh-heh-heh. I'd defer to my Funk & Wagnalls dictionary for that one, but to tell the truth I'm not sure there's a 'Texas-Translation' version, so it won't help me to try and decipher the standard one.

I'm reminded of the saying: "You can always tell a Texan, but you can't tell him much!"

And congrats on youse-guy'zes new coach. Got friends that just traded an '06 Windsor with less than 5k miles for a new Exec. Said the Windsor was just too small.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Please sign me up.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Welcome SlickTX to the Monaco Owners Forum!! Ronboc should be along shortly and sprinkle that magic dust over your name soon!
...but dang it ...I am trying to catch up with him on posts...and now he'll get another one!

Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you for the kind reply. I'm in love with our 2006 Monarch, bought new just last March. Sure, the dealer is still working through a few kinks . . . like the disposable rear view monitor (on our third one in 4 months) but I'm not letting the little things ruin the fun. I'm 18 years from retirement, but I want to start full timing tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Which Diplomat floorplan?

You may also look up a post from DigNBubbs regarding their throw -away backup camera. They did replace it with a color monitor ...butI am not sure what else he had to use with it!

Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
This is DigNBubbs post... regarding the camera....

Old 08-01-2007, 12:50 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally posted by SlickTX:
Thank you for the kind reply. I'm in love with our 2006 Monarch, bought new just last March. Sure, the dealer is still working through a few kinks . . . like the disposable rear view monitor (on our third one in 4 months) but I'm not letting the little things ruin the fun. I'm 18 years from retirement, but I want to start full timing tomorrow.

I sure know how you feel, love our coach but the past 16 months we have lived in it there have been issues, both a/c's replaced after being worked on once before, issues with the jacks, the generator and the list goes on. BUT! I have never looked backed and smile everyday I wake up , oh and retirement hits here in 26 days and we are off the concrete pad here and moving about. Welcome to the forum also.

06 HR PDQ 40'
Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats, SlickTX, on the new coach. But be careful of that ole "RV-Envy" syndrome, it is a dangerous (and spell that: "expensive") bug!

And welcome to irv2 Thumbs Up We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often.

If I may ask, where'd you get your Monarch? Didn't know there was any dealers in DFW selling them.

Ron

Old 08-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Hey crudeman -

I know exactly how you feel right about now. I was so antsy right before pulling the plug that I could barely stand it. But I gotta tell you, it was definitely worth the wait. Be patient, it'll come.

And that's the right attitude to have too, about the coach. We can get all wrapped-up in it or realize that it's just another part of life.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
'Mama -

I'll be more than happy to relinquish the lead to you, just as long as you don't start stuffing the count and post one or two words each

See, I'm not worried because I'm ..... what's the word for it? Hmmmm.... oh yeah... RETIRED!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
what's the word for it? Hmmmm.... oh yeah... RETIRED!
BRAT!!!(but a well deserving brat!)
Well, if you notice my posts today... I actually did research looking for things for people... bike racks, Mambo Rock, bedspreads, posting people's pictures.....my posts weren't too random...and I spent time on each and everyone! (and I didn't go to the pet photos and go "ahhhh-how cute" but it was tempting though... love kopit's two dogs !)

Old 08-01-2007, 02:55 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Ronboc,,,
Just remember, I warned you guys when you welcomed her and told her to post often, that you were going to create a major animal
Ok..now this is unfair.. Ronboc told me I can't just say 1 or 2 words...but now ya'll done gone and started gangin' up on me!

Here I sit...having a rough day.. chasing kids...hammerin big OLD boards in the heat, and trying to do constructive postings....ya'll gonna make this sensitive gal cry .....NOT!!!

Go ahead...pick on me.. I may have to use my mag-lite for some head-whompin!

Closed Thread

Tags
monaco