Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2015, 06:27 AM   #1

Camelot weight

We have a 2009 Camelot 42KFQ with a tag.
Has anyone weighed your coach at each wheel?
I have not been able to get to someone with scales to weigh each wheel and I want to get a ball park idea of the weight on each wheel so to figure tire pressures.
Thanks
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Promine -- We have a 07, 42' Camelot PDQ -- The coach was weighed at a FMCA Rally by a company that does this service at most big rallies -- When weighed the fuel tank was about 2/3rd`s full, the water tank about 1/2 full, & holding tanks about 1/2 full -- I was told by the scale attendant, that Monaco Coaches weigh more on the right rear than the left rear, & that is so on our coach --

Left Front: 6700 --- Right Front: 6700
Left Rear: 8600 ---Right Rear: 9400
Left Tag: 2775 --- Right Tag: 2700 -- For a total of 36875 -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Until you can find a scale for each individual wheel, I would take it to a truck scale and weigh each axle. It took me quite a long time to find and get around to weighting each tire and I was surprised how much difference the left and right side are on the same axle.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:13 AM   #4

My findings were the same. However mines a neptune and not a camelot. The front was identical but the rears was over 1000# difference. Attendant must have known what he was talking about. I have since rearranged some heavier items and should have alleviated "some" of the difference. I haven't weighed again so I can't verify.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Promine

I dont know how relevant our weights might be to you as we have a different model (Camelot PDQ) but since you are asking here are our weights from last years Escapees Rally. I had about 70 gallons of fuel, 50 gallons of water and probably 50 gallons of waste water and probably an average amount of stuff in the bays plus the wife and I in the coach when we weighed.

Left Front: 6500 --- Right Front: 6650
Left Rear: 8000 ---Right Rear: 8000
Left Tag: 3200 --- Right Tag: 3500 -- For a total of 35,850

When I am running with full fuel and fresh water, I carry 115 lbs in the steer tires, 85 lbs in the drive & 80 lbs in the tags.

Like others have and will say, you need to get all the tires weighed and compare to your tire manufacturer chart to get the correct tire pressures for your coach, as you know tire pressure is a major cause of tire failure especially if you don't have enough for the weight the tire is carrying.

Bob

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #6

Thanks for the weights. I have weighed at a Cat Scales, but since I have gone to Michlelin 315 tires I think I can reduce a little tire pressure for a softer ride. I have been running 110 lbs in the 315's all around.
Are you guys running 280's? The Michelin chart for 317's show a reduced pressure that the 280's.
I hope to stop at the place at St. Cloud, FL on our way to the Keys and have each wheel weighed.
PR
Old 12-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
What are your 3 axle weights when you had it weighted. Just wondering how the KFQ compares to a PDQ

Bob & Pearl
Old 12-24-2015, 02:39 PM   #8

Well, I looked all over for the Cat weigh sheet and can't find it.

Using your weights I can lower my pressure quite a bit with the 315's
According to the Michelin chart , and Using your weights I could lower the fronts to 95 lbs, and the rear duals to 85 lbs, and the tag to 85 also.

Plan to get the weighing done next week and see what I end up with. Should be a softer ride.
Thanks
Old 12-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Promine
You are correct, I do have the Michelin 295/80R22.5 on my steer axle Load Range H. If you are running the Michelin 315/80R22.5 Load Range L, then you could definitely go with less PSI but take note that both Bill and my coaches were weighed with about half Fresh water and half Fuel (both of which are located in the front bay on the PDQ model) so with full Fuel, full Fresh Water and empty waste water tanks I have to adjust my tire weights to account for the added weight on the front axle and I also do an adjustment for the drive axle to account for the empty waste tanks. When you get yours weighed be sure to have it weighed with full Fuel & Water and empty Waste Tanks so you don't have to make any adjustments.

Left Front: 7116 --- Right Front: 7300
Left Rear: 7793 ---Right Rear: 7793
Left Tag: 3200 --- Right Tag: 3500 -- For a total of 36,335

If I had the bigger tires I would run 105 in the steer tires and like you said 85 lbs in the tag and drive.

Bob & Pearl
Old 12-24-2015, 04:47 PM   #10

I'll let you know how mine weighs out.
My water tank is right behind the left steer wheel. I think its 110 gal, big consideration when lowering pressures.
I also have a tire pressure / temp monitoring system that I keep an eye on each tire going down the road.
I went to the 315's because we had a blow out on the left front steer last year, and that got everyone's attention!!
Tires should be the most important thing maintained on the coach.

PR

Tags
weight