RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #1
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I had been suffering from PMS (Parked Motorhome Syndrome) for weeks. Finally got out last Friday and headed for the distant Lake Guntersville State Park Resort (all of 45-miles from my carport). Reports of freezing rain, sleet and snow could not deter us from our traditional Fifth Annual Birthday Bash camping trip! Had a blast. I watched caveman tv in 25 MPH winds off the lake, snow flurries and mid-20 temps. Now your average camper would have researched a recipe for the appropriate hot-toddy type beverage, but as a confirmed Redneckus-americanis, I stuck to the traditional cold beer an tatter chips. Best benefit of the cold weather was that the ice chest didn't need refilling with ice. First time I have ever had to chip my Corona out of the chest!

Met some nice people too. Walked over to a guy who was just setting up and mentioned the cold weather (what else, I mean this is the South). He kinda grinned and informed me that when he pulled out of his driveway the temp was single digit cold. Somewhere in Wisconsin if I recall correctly.

Got some good bird pics by hanging a peanut-buttered and seeded pine cone near our chairs. Blue birds were in abundance as were the deer. Lots of Bambi's out in daylight.

The South, gotta love it! Camp-On Dude! :-)

RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I had been suffering from PMS (Parked Motorhome Syndrome) for weeks. Finally got out last Friday and headed for the distant Lake Guntersville State Park Resort (all of 45-miles from my carport). Reports of freezing rain, sleet and snow could not deter us from our traditional Fifth Annual Birthday Bash camping trip! Had a blast. I watched caveman tv in 25 MPH winds off the lake, snow flurries and mid-20 temps. Now your average camper would have researched a recipe for the appropriate hot-toddy type beverage, but as a confirmed Redneckus-americanis, I stuck to the traditional cold beer an tatter chips. Best benefit of the cold weather was that the ice chest didn't need refilling with ice. First time I have ever had to chip my Corona out of the chest!

Met some nice people too. Walked over to a guy who was just setting up and mentioned the cold weather (what else, I mean this is the South). He kinda grinned and informed me that when he pulled out of his driveway the temp was single digit cold. Somewhere in Wisconsin if I recall correctly.

Got some good bird pics by hanging a peanut-buttered and seeded pine cone near our chairs. Blue birds were in abundance as were the deer. Lots of Bambi's out in daylight.

The South, gotta love it! Camp-On Dude! :-)

Old 02-22-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Wow... SacsTC and I were starting to get worried about you...Glad to know you were just out there doing what you're supposed to do with these big boxes on wheels!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 06:40 AM   #4

I had been suffering from PMS (Parked Motorhome Syndrome) for weeks.

Got some good bird pics by hanging a peanut-buttered and seeded pine cone near our chairs. Blue birds were in abundance as were the deer

Do you ever post your pictures here?
Would like to see them

Here in cnetral Michigan we have had a warm up and I notice onmy walks that the birds are very active and singing.
Its great!
They know spring is just around the corner!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RonNBama:

The South, gotta love it! Camp-On Dude! :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I went through the registration process for the photo section and came up blank. Cannot figure out how to post pics and am too dumb to read the instructions. :-(
Old 02-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
BAMA....ok...in case you don't know it..SacsTC's name is Ron also...so I know all "Rons" are smarter than the "average bear"! We would love to see your pics!
(Ok .. if you can't figure it out PM me and I will walk you through it!!)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #7
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I'll make one more pass at the process and if I fail, I guess I'll have to stop and ask directions.

I can't speak for The Other Ron, but our bears are not too bright around here.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #8
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
(Ok .. if you can't figure it out PM me and I will walk you through it!!) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. The "Reply" function does not work.

Anyway, I have issues and will stumble through somehow.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hey, cut us "Ron's" some slack, will ya? Of course we don't read the directions.... we're GUYS! Sheesh!

In all seriousness, let us know if the REPLY and/or Picture thingy isn't working.... and I'll go find you some help.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
"Of course we don't read the directions.... we're GUYS! Sheesh!" Aint' it the truth?

2006 Monaco Knight 40DFD
dwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #11
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
I have to report limited success. After an extended battle with PhotoBucket, I finally tossed aside all instructions and called my consultant in CA. I was then capable if accessing PB and managed to get as far as an actual submit function to the forum picture files. "Exceeds Maximum Size"! Doh!

Last edit: OK, since I was forced to be creative with my name to register (RonNBama was already taken, duuuhhh) my photo shows up under Alfred E Newman. If you're old enough to know who that is...........
Old 03-03-2007, 07:29 AM   #12

And you call yourself a Redneck....... Men don't read directions, and we never ask for directions because we are just "exploring"! LOL. Donna will tell you how to do it since women are much better at reading directions (and telling us how/what to do). Stan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RonNBama:
I went through the registration process for the photo section and came up blank. Cannot figure out how to post pics and am too dumb to read the instructions. :-( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 AM   #13
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
OK, I'll banter back and forth in print, but the hassle of trying to post a picture extends well beyond my tolerance for this stuff. No way to cut'n'paste a link.

I appreciate Monacomom and SacsTC's repeated attempts to get me up to speed, but my frustration with this darned operating system is at critical mass. There comes a time when one just says to h with it and goes out for a cold beverage. I'm there.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Ron,
Have one for me.

SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote