Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2018, 07:14 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Can bedroom slide be adjusted?

We've had an enormous amount of rain in western Arkansas this week, and I discovered that I have a leak on the front side of the bedroom slide - even while closed. Looking at the closed slide it appears as though the front top corner is not pulled in as tight as the other three corners. Is there a way to adjust the squareness of the slide wall? Or is my only option a wider/thicker seal?
PeteandDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #2

Pete-

Before you go to the trouble of attempting an adjustment, you may want to see if that corner is wet. I had a leak on my 2008, and the seals were dry as a bone when the slide was in. After testing, I concluded that the slide was leaking through the joints on the face of the slide.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:14 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
This recent thread may be helpful;

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2008...te-344341.html
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteandDeb View Post
We've had an enormous amount of rain in western Arkansas this week, and I discovered that I have a leak on the front side of the bedroom slide - even while closed. Looking at the closed slide it appears as though the front top corner is not pulled in as tight as the other three corners. Is there a way to adjust the squareness of the slide wall? Or is my only option a wider/thicker seal?
Check the underside of the slide from outside as well for any rot or roller damage on the slide itself. Monaco is notorious for having rot damage. If there is rot, that would cause the slide to be out of alignment and there is a pretty easy fix for it.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:03 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, Mark and Bill.

Haven't checked the roller yet (I'll do that tomorrow) ... but I can confirm it's wet because of water leaking through the front seam of the slide ... used a bucket wedged beside the bed to contain the drips while I vacuumed and dried the carpet.
I was up on the roof today and used some super sealant from 3M on the slide wall seal as there were a few loose parts of it. I also cleaned and resealed the top front lap joint (with Eternabond 4" tape.)
When I put the slide out to work on it, there was water still sitting on the slide roof, so it was definitely bypassing the seals.
I did check the floor as I had to replace the LR slide floor on our previous LaPalma ... first thing I checked when we were considering buying this Diplomat.

Not sure whether it was due to the unit sitting in a storage yard for two years, or just sloppy initial installation ... but I just ordered the slip-on wiper seal for the 30 foot slide as the seal was mostly unattached and the inside metal grippers were badly rusted and will no longer hold. Looks like I might just have to replace all the seals for peace of mind ... wife gets totally freaked when there's even a hint of a leak.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:20 PM   #6

Pete-

A thread for you.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/rust...als-83372.html

There are more where that came from:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mona...ite%3Airv2.com
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
OK, working further on the slide seal issue. Replacing the big wiper seal on the full wall slide and looking at the wipers on the other two slides.
When I put the bedroom slide out after several days of rain (yet another 3 inches ... record rainfall for AR for Feb) had water pour in off the slide roof. In examining the slide, I see 2 lips or ridges ... one against the slide trim, and the other about 3 inches in. The water was sitting in between those two lips. I see no seals or even caulk which would lead me to believe the pooled water was seeping into the bedroom through the trim.
Is there any reason I should NOT caulk (or better yet, Dicor) both lips? I don't want to simply put the new wiper seal on the full wall slide without doing something about that lip ... which shows lots of light rust ... so really needs some sealing.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Pete,
You also might want to check the condition of the joint on top of the slide between the slide roof and T-mold (the outer flange of the slide). On my coach, the wipe seal rubbed through the tar tape where the screw heads stuck up and allowed water to enter the slide, run down and drip out of the bottom onto the bedroom floor. The screws were driven in at an angle, presenting a sharp corner that was easily cut through by the wipe seal. After checking all four slides, I found the same type deterioration on all of them.

Roy
Old 03-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Dynasty Beam’s Seat

2008 Dynasty passenger seat will not move back. It is stuck fully forward. All other functions work like tilt, up and down, and footrest. Looking underneath I see no damaged or loose wires. Connectors all are secure.

Anyone have any suggestions? It worked fine yesterday though I swiveled it around last night, then this morning won’t move backwards when in locked driving position.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	37DF7283-D9CF-4507-AAC4-95EC6792B68F.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	194415  
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:25 AM   #10

had the same issue; check under for one of the wires caught on the springs or frame. problem solved
BikerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide