Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2017, 02:16 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Can this value be right???

Due to some very recent health issues with my DH, we have, sadly started to accept the fact that we need to trade our 06 HR Navigator 43pbq (45,150 miles) in on something much smaller, less sophisticated and requiring less maintenance to make traveling easier for both of us. We have a truck so a small 5th wheel would be a good fit. We went to a well known local dealer and were shocked when they offered us $100,000 for this beautiful coach as a trade. My husband was totally insulted and walked out. I realize the coach is an 06 but I'm seeing them retailing for up to $179k on the internet. I'm not well versed on values but this just seems ridiculous for a coach of this quality.
sunset4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2017, 02:29 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
From their angle, it seems reasonable, buy for 100k, clean it up, put it on the lot, sell for 130 - 140 k

From your angle, 100k is to low, DON'T WALK OUT - NEGOTIATE. If you can't make a deal with them, then either look around for another broker, or sell yourself .

Yes, I will low ball the first offer, If you say yes. I got a sweat deal.. Normally people will counter offer, not walk out..

My motorhome is worth exactly what I and a buyer agree on, not what its listed at or what someone thinks its worth.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #3

Can this value be right???

[QUOTE=Waiter21;3699111]From their angle, it seems reasonable, buy for 100k, clean it up, put it on the lot, sell for 130 - 140 k

From your angle, 100k is to low, DON'T WALK OUT - NEGOTIATE. If you can't make a deal with them, then either look around for another broker, or sell yourself .

Yes, I will low ball the first offer, If you say yes. I got a sweat deal.. Normally people will counter offer, not walk out..

My motorhome is worth exactly what I and a buyer agree on, not what its listed at or what someone thinks its worth.[/I

I think DH would have been willing to negotiate but the sales guy indicated that was their inly offer.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
They would not budge. We were very willing to negotiate.
100k is what it was worth to them. Sounds like you couldn't make a deal.

Move on and start exploring other options. Keep in mind that if you hire someone to do the leg work and sell it for you, (consignment, broker, etc) it will cost you.

If you want top dollar, you'll need to do your own legwork. Craigslist, RV Trader, etc. AND - You will get calls from low ballers and scammers, so beware.
Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
100k is what it was worth to them. Sounds like you couldn't make a deal.

Move on and start exploring other options. Keep in mind that if you hire someone to do the leg work and sell it for you, (consignment, broker, etc) it will cost you.

If you want top dollar, you'll need to do your own legwork. Craigslist, RV Trader, etc. AND - You will get calls from low ballers and scammers, so beware.

We have decided to sell on our own.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:40 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If you look at NADA wholesale RV bluebook you will be disappointed.
You will always do much better selling the coach yourself.
Good luck.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:13 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Just as a side 'trip' look at a Winnebago ERA (based on a Sprinter van) as a possible unit for you. We have two years of traveling on ours and it sits parked next to the Ambassador waiting for our RV partners to take another trip. The Sprinter based ERA is small enough you don't need a toad, you can park it most anywhere. It is a great ride for two people, easy to drive too.

Only down side is that those two people should not be overweight--make sure you are happy with the 'passing' room in the isle as it is tight. We're not big so it works, but...
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #8

The link provided is Nada values Without Any Add Ons

2006 Holiday Rambler Navigator Series M-43PBQ-500hp Prices and Used Values | NADAguides

In a different post someone ask if they should buy from a dealer or Private Party. This post is a Prime Reason I would say to STAY AWAY FROM ANY DEALER TO PURCHASE OR SELL. They are crooks.

You will have no problem selling the coach. Its an 06 and NO DEF AND OR REGEN EXHAUST. That alone is peace of mind!
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:02 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Try RV Trader.com, Lots of RV's sold and advertised there
Old 07-20-2017, 06:46 AM   #10

I'm not familiar with your coach. What features does it have? King bed? Bath and half? What do you like most about the coach? How reliable has it been for you?
BattleWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:42 PM   #11

My wife and I are looking at upgrading into a motorhome and have just signed up on this site in the hope of learning about well built diesel motorhomes and finding a well equipped coach that will allow us to explore the US for the next several years. Surgeries prevent me from dealing with propane tanks and pull start genertors we use with our Bighorn 3585. We are interested in seeing if you would consider providing more info on your Navigator or if you are interested in selling to a private party.
Firerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerd1 View Post
My wife and I are looking at upgrading into a motorhome and have just signed up on this site in the hope of learning about well built diesel motorhomes and finding a well equipped coach that will allow us to explore the US for the next several years. Surgeries prevent me from dealing with propane tanks and pull start genertors we use with our Bighorn 3585. We are interested in seeing if you would consider providing more info on your Navigator or if you are interested in selling to a private party.

Firerd1. I am so very sorry that I did not respond to your post. Lots of health issues we have been dealing with since summer and I was simply not able to spend time here. I hope you found your dream coach since this original post. If for some reason you have not, then I would be happy to finally answer your questions about our Navigator. Again I apologize for not responding.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #13

Thanks for the reply. We hope your health issues are behind you for a while. Since we liquidated our businesses we were on a mission to find a great coach and make it "OURS". We searched multiple states before we found a beautiful '09 Beaver Contessa in like new condition with only 35,000 miles! We are officially moved in but still studying the systems and will have the new dingy wired and attached next week. After a couple of days in Coburg, OR to insure all service is up to date we will be off in the lower 48 until May when we point it north for the summer.

Daryl & Vicki Stockdale
Firerd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerd1 View Post
Thanks for the reply. We hope your health issues are behind you for a while. Since we liquidated our businesses we were on a mission to find a great coach and make it "OURS". We searched multiple states before we found a beautiful '09 Beaver Contessa in like new condition with only 35,000 miles! We are officially moved in but still studying the systems and will have the new dingy wired and attached next week. After a couple of days in Coburg, OR to insure all service is up to date we will be off in the lower 48 until May when we point it north for the summer.

Daryl & Vicki Stockdale

Oh I'm so happy that you found a great coach!!! I saw a Beaver Marquis (I think that's correct) yesterday. It looked like an older one but it sure was pretty. It was blue and white which you don't see often!! Good luck with yours and safe travels!!!

Diane