Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2018, 12:07 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile Carefree one touch 12v awning motor cover.

A unanticipated tree limb cracked my awning motor cover on my 2002 La Palma, 34PBD. It's a plastic piece that measures approx. 6"x10". Though I have a serial number from the sticker attached to the side of the motor, I can't make out a model number or any other useful info. No damage to the awning...it works fine. Just that plastic shroud. Searching the web and various threads on this site hasn't helped much. I'm sure it's probably a discontinued part, but I figure if I can find a piece close enough, I can modify or fabricate it to shield the motor from the elements and hopefully look decent. If anyone has any advice or information that would help me track down this elusive part, it would be greatly appreciated. For a newbie such as I, this forum has been a great source of help and information. Hoping it will come through again....thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2018, 05:26 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I just replaced the door awning motor and got help with the motor number from a member. However when I got the awning apart I also needed a plastic bushing that went in the awning tube so I called Carefree customer support and they were very helpful and found the part I needed. Try giving Carefree a call they will help you.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

You should be able to get that from Carefree customer service!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, cover