Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
CB Prepped

I am still setting up the new coach and would like to install my CB since the papers show the coach is prepped for one. Unfortunately I cannot locate the antenna cable. Anyone out there found theirs?
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW On my unit the antenna cable is located on the left side of the drivers dashboard. It is coiled into about an 8 inch coil with a chrome circular connector. Also located next to the engine diagnostic connection. I have not hooked mine up so I don't know where the power cable is. I would look at the area near the Radio Master switch for it, if it was not right next to the antenna.

2005 Honda CRV, Blue Ox, SMI Brake, TomTom Go 720
Flagelpater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
bdpreece.....If it's not where Flagelpater indicated, reach behind the driver's side panel (up under the dash) and see if it's tucked in there. They run it down the driver's "A" pillar.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mine was under the dash behind the steering wheel. Found it but unless they have done a lot to upgrade the antenna since 06 you will get very poor performance of the CB if you use the built in antenna. If you really want to use the CB find a good shop and have them install a antenna that is connected to the metal frame of the coach. Most CB antennas require a ground plane to perform well and the built in one is attached to fiberglass not the frame.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #5

Brian, as Dave indicated, the CB antenna that is factory installed is a compromise since it has no ground plane to work with. It was designed to work with its fixed length of coax so it IS tuned and will present a reasonably proper load to your CB although it may not radiate as well as others. Finding metal under the Fiberglass cap may be difficult for a better installation.

Regarding your coax, mine was tightly coiled up and tucked waaaaay up and behind the steering wheel area, too. It was so cramped up there and I was so stiff in the back that I had to hire an RV service tech to find it for me.
Ed_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:06 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Still no luck. I have to take it back to the dealer for some other work so I may have to have them find it for me.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
bdpreece...Will you be able to make it to the Roadmaster Chassis on the Green ? I know it isn't too far from you.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
bdpreece...Will you be able to make it to the Roadmaster Chassis on the Green ? I know it isn't too far from you.
Afraid not. As soon as Power Gear comes up with a new leveling jack we will be heading North. Hopefully that will not be longer than a week away.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
Brian -

On my 08 Camelot, I found the cable by opening up the hatch on the top of the dash and fishing around to the left side. It was coiled up and easy to get going in from that access point. It would have been impossible to reach from the bottom.

After breaking out the coil, it was easy to drop down and thread through the panel to the left of the driver's seat.

A buddy who has an 08 Scepter said his was coiled inside that same panel, left of the driver's seat, and he just opened the access door on the bottom center of that panel and fished it out.
2017 Dutch Star 4018 - Sold - Towing Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
FWIW, on our 08 Monarch, I located the power wire in a overhead compartment on the drivers side.
Still trying to locate the antenna coax.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #11

Deaton,
How did the antena work? I have a 09 Camalot, and would like to hook up a CB, but have heard the antanna suppied with the coach isn't worth the trouble. What do you say? Worth the trouble?
PR
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I found my coax and power connector in the right side of the steering wheel area all wrapped up in the other harness's. You really have to do some looking around.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote