Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #1

Changing out Tires in 2017 - Internet Style

Hi All,
getting ready to change out 295/80R22.5 on our 2005 Camelot...
got to thinking, what do we all really want in a new tire... safety, quiet, reliability, peace of mind, 7 years from born on date, a nice looking tread pattern, & a good $ deal. Been a little tough. So, once again I researched tires, internet style, and something new popped up. Simpletire, so I called them up. Got to customer service and talked to a very knowledgeable rep (seemed to know alot).. 1st Q I asked, born on date, can I get recent. She replied, NO. She said all tires sold are less than 4 years old, and that if I was unhappy, with the born on date, I received, that I could call back and work out a return/exchange to better satisfy my youthful born on date concerns. I then asked, what are your best sellers in this size? (thus likely to get young tires). She replied, after looking it up for the 295/80R22.5.... Sailun, Sampson, Double Coin, and Toyo, in that order, thus more likely to get a youthful born on date. For me, it is much about the born on date, cause I don't want to do this again for 7 years. And here they are, Make, Model, TOTAL PRICE for a set of 6 tires Delivered to your favorite installer, and Picture. BTW, double coin appears to be an Amazon favorite (check it out on Amazon). Just passing along the 2017 internet search results, and hoping to get young tires, VERY YOUNG TIRES, SO I DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN ANYTIME SOON

SAILUN S606 $1,935

SAMSON GL266D $2,312

DOUBLE COIN RR680 $2,270

TOYO M144 $2,497

ssmiless2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2017, 12:56 PM   #2

Looks like the Samson is a drive axel tread not good for the steer axel position. Take those numbers to your local dealers when you add shipping and mount and balance bet you can match or beat there prices and you get to look at and feel what your buying. Toyo all the way for me[emoji12]
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #3

Great information! Due for change this winter and I will use this as part of my research. Thanks!!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:17 AM   #4

I have read here of many people happy with tire purchases from Simpletire and they said they not only got tires made within a few months of purchase, but were told the dates on the phone. You might want to call again and talk to another person. Personally I would only buy Toyos of your choices, but would prefer Michelin or Hankook.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have had the Double Coins, and was pleased with them....but.....I now run on Michelin.
Michelin warrants tread wear when the sidewalls start checking, so when the checking starts, you can get credit for remaining treadlife. BTW 7 years from born on date is longer than most last. Here in AZ I have had major sidewall issues at 3 years. Those tires were Chinese "Good Ride" brand and the worst I have ever experienced.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I have read here of many people happy with tire purchases from Simpletire and they said they not only got tires made within a few months of purchase, but were told the dates on the phone. You might want to call again and talk to another person. Personally I would only buy Toyos of your choices, but would prefer Michelin or Hankook.
Agreed....TOYO's out of that group, for sure on the steering tires! All you need to do is Google or talk to someone who has had a front tire blowout and you will quickly realize the extra $4-500 from your Simpetire quotes is well worth knowing you have a high quality tire. The life of your family depends on it!
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I got Toyo's installed locally for about $400 more than that price.

Tags
tires