Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #1

Chasing faulty Turn signal...

Just purchased 2001 DP Diplomat and drove it 1200 miles off the lot from TX to NV...ran great, love it!
Halfway home the right turn signal stopped working, I thought bad fuse or bulb....well the bulbs looked good but replaced it anyway, no good.
Fuses looked fine but swapped them to test...nothing.
Relays same thing, switched them to see if the problem went to the other side...nope.
Can anyone think of how I can figure this out?
It could be the column lever, but it feels good, not loose or anything.
Let me know if you can help thanks!
Kevin
KConnington is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 09:24 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My 2001 HR Scepter lost the turn signals and hazards light back in June during the first 100 miles of a 2000 mile trip. Like you I checked everything and couldn't find the problem. I never did find the flasher units and still haven't. I pulled the cover off the steering column cover and checked all the connections but none seemed loose. I did find one frayed wire that was rubbing on the column and repaired it. Still had no signals or hazards. During a 500 miles trip the signals suddenly started working. No idea what was wrong or how I may have fixed them. Obviously something is loose and I just haven't found it yet.

Good luck in your repair. If you find something hopefully it will help me solve my issue as well.
L.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/2000...ve-348085.html
Old 12-03-2017, 10:52 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm a little late to post but I solved my flasher issue. I removed the steering column cover and started tracing the wires. I had the ignition on and the flashers set to ON. I started moving the wires around and the flashers started flashing! I checked both turn signals and they were also working. The wiring harness was loose up in the steering column where I couldn't get to it without taking the entire thing apart and I'm not going that deep into this. I zip tied the wires in place and figured I was good.

A few days later we were headed out to boondock in Imperial Sand Dunes near El Centro, CA. Well, the zip tie fix lasted to about the end of my driveway and the signals quit working again.

I stopped on the way out to have the coach washed and while I was there I did another zip tie job and so far so good. I've put almost 1000 miles on the coach and the signals have not failed.
L.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote