Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2018, 08:43 AM   #1

Check Engine Light, ??

Hi All,

2005 Camelot

We have a check engine light intermittently.

How do we find the code?

Aladdin (looked high and low)

Owners Manual (checked that also)

???

Thanks in advance
BobnSofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2018, 08:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You could borrow a code reader. You could buy a ScanGauge D. You could pay a garage to connect. That’s a couple of options
Old 09-29-2018, 10:29 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Check your coolant level -- Low coolant is the usual cause of a CE light --Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

You're gonna need to check the codes, one way or another!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:59 AM   #5

I dont know what engine you have, but my 2000 with the Freightliner chassis has a diagnostic built into it. It is a set of switches under the dash by the pedals. The problem with using it, is most times it wont give you a code that is not constantly displayed. I had an engine light coming on periodically, and the only way the self diagnostic would work is by turning off the vehicle, and turning the key partially back on. The engine light would only appear while the engine was running. I bought the scanguage D off Amazon, and ran the engine until the light appeared. Only then would the scanguage pick up the code. My problem turned out to be high voltage to the fuel pump, according to the code we got from it. My mechanic tells me this indicates my fuel pump is on its way out. We are going to work on it later this week. As my mechanic says, "without some way to tell what the computer is reading, its near impossible to guess what its seeing, and causing the engine light". There are so many sensors on modern machines, you pretty much need the code read somehow. The advantage of the scanguage D is, you can leave it hooked up permanently, and use it for additional guages. It will display up to four of anything the computer is monitoring.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:06 PM   #6

Is The chassis F53 or Workhorse? F53 will reaquire an OBD code reader of some sort, if you have a friend with a 5Star tuner that will do the job, or pick up a code reader from Amazon or Autozone. Once you have the error code google what it means. Workhorse chassis I have no idea.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:54 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyian View Post
Is The chassis F53 or Workhorse? F53 will reaquire an OBD code reader of some sort, if you have a friend with a 5Star tuner that will do the job, or pick up a code reader from Amazon or Autozone. Once you have the error code google what it means. Workhorse chassis I have no idea.

The chassis is a Roadmaster, mfg by Monaco -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:57 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Each of them are a bit different, but ours has a diag switch shown below that displays on the smaller dash display.... (temp readout is showing below)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Diags.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	221180   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-08-29 005.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	221181  

Tags
check engine light, engine, light