Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #1

City water connection

When I unhook my city water hose from the connection water continues to run out of the hose cannot locate the one way valve to correct this 2006 Monaco diplomat
geberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to irv2. I've moved this to the Monaco forum to see if someone here has the same connection. Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #3

There should be a check valve for that purpose right behind the hose connection or maybe near the fill/city valve if Monaco uses one............... JB
pivotdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
My check valve on my Sig. is in the line from the hose reel before the line to the house, pump, and tank fill valve lines.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club

On my 2007 Diplomat it is attached directly to the handle/switch you use when you want to fill your fresh water tank.

When my check valve went bad, I had a tough time finding a replacement. No one could supply one as this is not a valve used in normal house plumbing. I ended up at Camping World, but with no high hopes of success. Would you believe it - they had one.

Easy job to do.

Here you see the handle/switch I am referring to (the green one)

...and here you see the check valve on the other side of the handle/switch:

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:01 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post

On my 2007 Diplomat it is attached directly to the handle/switch you use when you want to fill your fresh water tank.

When my check valve went bad, I had a tough time finding a replacement. No one could supply one as this is not a valve used in normal house plumbing. I ended up at Camping World, but with no high hopes of success. Would you believe it - they had one.

Easy job to do.

Henrick,

Just curious but how did you take that photo behind the panel?

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:02 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Easy job to do.

Henrick,

Bob
Old 09-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Henrick,

Bob
Hi Bob

I have recently lost weight, and I am now able to go through the gab where the water hose goes through the panel, with my small camera

Seriously - I have an crudely made black plastic access just above the city water valve. It's big enought to get a hand in there and operate the pipe connections and big enough to get a hand in with my pocket camera. I took the photo so I could see what it looks like when my check valve went bad.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #9

Thanks for quick reply. Now the issue is do you have to remove the entire white panel in the water cabinet to gain access to the check value?
geberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
If your white panel is like mine, your will not be able to remove it easily or at all without cutting it or breaking it.

If you look at the first photo that I posted, you will see a black area. This is a "hole" that appears when I remove a black thin piece of plastic that is acting as cover over this black "hole. Are you saying that you don't have this on your Diplomat?

On this photo you can see part of my little happy face. I am holding the camera in through the access hatch and pointing the camera outwards.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Bob

I have recently lost weight, and I am now able to go through the gab where the water hose goes through the panel, with my small camera

Seriously - I have an crudely made black plastic access just above the city water valve. It's big enought to get a hand in there and operate the pipe connections and big enough to get a hand in with my pocket camera. I took the photo so I could see what it looks like when my check valve went bad.
Got it. I have the same black panel but I modified mine. I have removed the entire white panel two or three times. One of those times I installed a power water hose reel on the ceiling behind that black panel. I cut a large square hole in the panel to mount the flange with rollers that came with the hose reel. The hose feeds through that flange. I can still take the black panel out and get my hand through and unscrew all the water connections. I must do that by feel as I can't see what I am doing. I have removed the panel once since installing the hose reel to install the See-Level sensors on my tanks. The trick to getting the panel out is to disconnect everything holding the panel and remove all the screws on each side. That will let the panel drop down far enough to clear the opening. I then force one side out of the door opening and then the panel will come out. You must bend the panel in the middle to get one side clear. The panel is thick and will not break with that small amount of bending.

Bob

Bob

Tags
water