Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #1

Thumbs up Clearance Lights Not Working

Hi ,I am a new member and need some advice...ALL OF A SUDDEN I HAVE NO CLEARANCE ,NO PARKING,NO TAIL LIGHTS,...I DO HAVE HEADLIGHTS,TURN SIGNALS AND BRAKE LIGHTS....ALL OF MY FUSES IN FRONT ROAD SIDE COMPARTMENT CHECK GOOD..I REPLACED THE HEAD LIGHT SWITCH, IT WAS ACTING DIFFERENT, BUT OF COURSE THAT WASN'T THE ANSWER... I SUSPECT THERE MAY BE ANOTHER FUSE BUT I DON'T NOW WHERE!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2010, 05:42 AM   #2

You didn't say what coach you have but on my 01 Diplomat I have a fuse #34 that is for the clearance lights. It was blown on mine for some reason and the running lights would not work. Replaced the 7.5 amp fuse and it has worked since with no problems. I am attaching a jpg file of what my front run panel looks like. Good luck, George
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	315.0 KB
ID:	6128  

Old 10-16-2010, 06:34 AM   #3

Clearance Lights not working

Goeorge, Thanks for the come back. Mt coach is a monaco 02 Dynasty, I am looking for another area that might have a fuse located I AM THINKING MAYBE IN BACK BY THE ENGINE.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #4

I Have the same problem on my Monaco 2006 Siginiture... I think the problem is in
Board #8 front #73-00834-001. Looking to purchase...
Old 11-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #5

Commercial Member

Monaco Owners Club
How did you actually test the fuses... with a test light, minimum????? Can't imagine that fuse being anywhere else......
Downsizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I'm pretty sure there is also a relay for the running lights, we have a 99 Diplomat and mine does in the front drivers side compartment where the main fuse panel is -mine also has two smaller boxes (marked Monaco 1 and Monaco2) and thats where all the relays are--I hade a similar problem with lights and it turned out that three were bad.
Being the cheap guy I am I wouldn't pay the parts store $25 for them so I googled the relay name and number and found them on line for less than $2 each bought 12 and replaced all the relays.

John
Old 11-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 05 Caymen and my back clearance lights stopped working. What I found was that they had loss the GROUND connection. I got the wiring diagram from Monaco but could not find where the ground wire was connected. I just ran a wire from the Tail light ground up to the first rear clearance light and they now work. About 6 months latter I found the ground connection on the passenger side post between the front window and the door. Go figure. They ran the ground wire all the way from the rear to the front. I tightened up the screw but still have not reconnected it back to the lights. I did all the trouble shooting with a 12 volt light tester.