Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2014, 07:36 AM   #1

Clunking noise

I have a clunking/knocking noise coming from under or in front of passenger side floor board in my 2005 Holliday rambler scepter. looked at the underside with a bright spotlight without finding anything loose. sounds like a piece of metal swinging on a rope.
any input would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
tireman
tireman62075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #2

Do you store your awning hook/rod in that area?
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:54 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar problem. Same side. I looked at everything I could see but found nothing. Took the coach to a shop and they found one of the shocks had come loose at the top. I even tied to wiggle them both to se if one was loose but it was wedged into the flooring above it and felt like it was OK.
Ron
Old 10-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had that problem and found the fiberglass panel around the wheel had broken screws on the bottom that hold it in. Its a good idea to check all the lower panels around the outside of the mh. I have found a few broken screws that hold them on. If you just grab the bottom of these panels and give a tug youll know.
bborc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a similar noise that I stopped by bungee cording the jack cylinder. It is hinged at the top and is free to move back and forth inside the bracket, making the noise as it hits the bracket. The bungee stays in place and does not interfer with extension or retraction.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote