Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I installed the 1315, 200amp, Battery Seperator, same as SatsTC, & it seems to be working -- Very easy change over -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
This looks like a better solution than the Mega RV BIRD system. After install does the battery boost switch still work correctly?
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
itdave ---Yes -- The wires for the boost has spade connectors in place of the eye/bolt connectors, but that is the only change in wiring --There is a spade connector for a light, but that is not nessary -- Only thing is, you can`t have two charging sources going at the same time -- You will need to turn off charger, if engine is running & connected to shore power, or generator is running --- Bill
Old 02-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
itdave --- -- Only thing is, you can`t have two charging sources going at the same time --- Bill

The Yandina Combiner does not have that problem. It will not connect the two banks together if there is charging voltage on both of them. It only combines them when there is a charging voltage on one or the other but not both.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
tom49 -- Do you have the Yandina Combinder on your 78 GMC ? If you & Laura are back our way again, stop by -- You can have the place under the awning -- Bill Willard
Old 02-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Bill,
Just wondering, what is the impact of having the charger and alternator going at the same time? Also looked up the Yandina Combinder and the biggest one they have is a 100 amp, not sure that would work in our coaches
Old 02-20-2010, 12:29 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Consider the B.I.R.D.

Follow the wires by color to panel.

The BIRD plugs into where the IRD is located on panel, the IRD is just unplugged behind the green fuse extractor.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Dave -- I`m sure no mechanic, so I don`t know what the damage, if any. would be -- SacsTC & MonacoMama , has one installed installed on thier MH, & when they were in Quartzsite, with generator running, Sacs started the engine, & the dash alternator light came on , so he immediately turned off the charger, & the light went out -- He knew I had one ordered, so he called me, with the warning -- So I turn off the charger when running the engine -- Surely, someone with more technical sense than I, will have the answer -- I did find the Yandina Combinder, suitable for an alternator up to 200 amps -- The price was a little under $200.00 --
I see I have 10 more post on this forum than you -- This will be my 300th, & my wife thinks I need a different hobby, but where else can I show my lack of knowledge, to so many people -- Bill
Old 02-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
And get beat up for your display of knowledge, got to love it

keep posting its either this or watch the TV
Old 02-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Dave, thanks for posting this reminder. It is real difficult to help if you don't know what coach is being talked about. But that doesn't seem to stop some from offering an opinion however.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
tom49 -- Do you have the Yandina Combinder on your 78 GMC ? If you & Laura are back our way again, stop by -- You can have the place under the awning -- Bill Willard
Bill
Yep the Yandina Combiner is in our GMC. The area that it needed to be installed in required a splash proof unit. The Xantrex I installed in the Dynasty would never survive under the hood of a GMC.

Thanks for the invitation, not sure when we will get out though. Strangest thing, the kids actually don't mind going with us to the 1000 islands anymore. Laura loves it cause she gets to spend more time with our granddaughter.