RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #1

My free year of Coach-Net is just about up and I'm wondering if I should pay $100 to keep it going. My experiences when calling have been mixed. They seem to be geared to roadside asssistance, not the 24/7 technical assistance that I would find valuable. Everytime I ask a technical question I'm told to call Monaco. I was even told by a Coach-Net operator that they deal mostly with roadside assistance and I should call Monaco for technical information. I have Good Sam Emergency Road Service and AAA+ so I don't need another "tow" program. If others have had really helpful technical assistance from Coach-Net's RV Tech Advantage technical hotline I'd be interested in your experiences. Thanks!

bthode is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #2

My free year of Coach-Net is just about up and I'm wondering if I should pay $100 to keep it going. My experiences when calling have been mixed. They seem to be geared to roadside asssistance, not the 24/7 technical assistance that I would find valuable. Everytime I ask a technical question I'm told to call Monaco. I was even told by a Coach-Net operator that they deal mostly with roadside assistance and I should call Monaco for technical information. I have Good Sam Emergency Road Service and AAA+ so I don't need another "tow" program. If others have had really helpful technical assistance from Coach-Net's RV Tech Advantage technical hotline I'd be interested in your experiences. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2007, 12:46 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I have to agree with Coach-Net on this one - call Monaco tech support. They have been great in the few times I have needed them. They have coach- and brand-specific information right in front of them, and are good at walking you through things. I have never felt rushed by them.

I have never called Coach-Net for technical items, but rather a rescue in my old Bounder. It is the only roadside assistance service I carry now. I am glad that I haven't needed them yet, but it is worth it to me to have them covering my back in case of emergency. I have read great things about them, and feel confident that between them and Monaco tech support, I should be good to go.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #4

Why would you call a wrecker service for technical support? I don't think they could have an expert on duty for each make of coach. I think they are a roadside assistance company and have some technical people to help with a breakdown and in scheduling service etc.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D. Cote:
Why would you call a wrecker service for technical support? I don't think they could have an expert on duty for each make of coach. I think they are a roadside assistance company and have some technical people to help with a breakdown and in scheduling service etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

D. Cote-
I would call them because the number one advantage of membership listed in the Coach-Net flyer is "24/7 Technical Hotline--- access to master certified technicians..." This is my point... if they are just another wrecker service then why do they promote their technical support? My questions is in regard to the quality of the tech support.
bthode
Old 06-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #6

$100/year is a big indicator that it is first and foremost an emergency roadside assistance service and not a day to day tech support service.

They do offer route planning and some other services. This, I think, is to be able to 'compete' with AAA type membership. But even AAA and Good Sam do not provide day to day tech support.

What you buy with Coach-Net is insurance. Their last renewal came with three levels which were distinguished by insurance for additional things that RV types might find of value.

AFAIK AAA does not provide good emergency RV road service, especially when out in the middle of nowhere. Coach-Net and Good Sams will take care of you and your trailer no matter where you break down. The choice seems to be between these two or none. The reports I hear indicate that Coach Net provides very good emergency roadside service. $100/yr seems to me to be a reasonable value for the comfort I get that help is available if I need it.
BryanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
The Tech-support is ok, they do have all the manuals available and they seem to have a hot-line to Monaco as well as many of the suppliers. I had a question about a wheel and had grown tired of waiting on hold with AccuRide (sp?) CoachNet called and got someone on the second ring, got the question answered and off we went.
I have had other towing services, but they can't always find a suitable wrecker or tire service.
Short answer: CoachNet is worth it to me.

2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
Chris-Alto,TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:48 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I gotta agree with the other folks. Monaco for Monaco and Coach-Net for the rest.

No matter what may be implied by the literature, if'n I want Monaco questions answered I'm gonna call Monaco's 24/7 first. They built the thing, they better know how to take care of it. And if I breakdown, I'll call Coach-Net to come get me. I do have the dubious honor of knowing what one of those 18-wheeler wreckers charge per-mile, and it came out of my own pocket (was when I still believed my regular insurance-company didn't mind me having such a big vehicle and paying a small-size premium)

Now, if I can get additional help/support/suggestions from Coach-Net for tech-support, that's all the better. As I said, I do carry Coach-Net, but its main function to me is for emergency road-service (of whatever type). I've tried lifting one of those 22.5" wheels/tires, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote