Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Coburg/Eugene Tires & Oil Change FYI

The Vendor Spotlight thread is closed so I post this here though it is relevant to class A coaches in general. Coburg is, after all, Monaco Country. I have no financial interest in any of the vendors mentioned.

For those who live near or pass through the Eugene/Coburg, OR, area, tires are available at what appear to me to be competitive prices.

Earlier this year (1/19/10)I bought 4 drive-axle tires, Firestone FS560 255/70R/22.5", load range "H", four months old, spin balanced, new stems, FET, disposal, etc. all in, out the door price of $293.99 each. After 6,000 miles I'm still happy and they are performing well. Purchased at GCR Tire on I-5 in Coburg, (541-345-4120) just south of Monaco and Cummins Northwest. Corky supervised the installation.

Last Friday (10/8/10) I bought 2 steer-axle tires, Michelin 275/70R/22.5", load range "J", four months old, spin balanced, trued, new stems, FET, disposal, etc., all in, out the door price of $521.57 each. Though the old steer tires were Michelin (XZA-1), these XZA-2 Energy tires make a noticeable difference in ride and handling. The front end wanders less and the small, rough bumps like pavement expansion cracks are much less noticeable. Randy at Wyatt's Tire Co. in Eugene (541-344-3221) handled the deal and installation.

With the Koni FSD's and the new tires, our 2001 Diplomat is riding very well. Still on the agenda is a wheel alignment. Kaiser Brake & Alignment, Inc., Eugene,(541-344-5887), comes highly recommended but I have not used them yet.

Sales-tax-free Oregon is another attractive feature.

I'm sure there are better deals somewhere in this great country but these are the ones I could get my hands on and make happen.

For those who have not yet tried Speedco, it is a bargain, at least around here. For what the local RV chassis shop here charged $421.00, Speedco (Aurora, OR) charged $186.34 to provide a lube, oil change, and filter.

That included an oil change with oil filter (choice of Rotella or Delo 400), two fuel filters, and differential top-off. They also check the tire pressure. They have you witness the torquing of the oil pan drain plug and differential fill plug. They are eager to lube anything you point out that is not on their comprehensive list. I did not test them on the steering wheel shaft since it had recently been done.

The air filter was extra at $59.99 installed. All of the filters were Fleetguard (Cummins). Generator service was $49.99 including oil and fuel filters.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomatDave View Post
FWIW
DD, Thanks for providing this information for the owners here.

The Vendor Spotlight is a resource for our vendors so that they can bring the members information about their products and services.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote