Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I am no expert on RV's in fact I just bought my first one. A 97 Monaco, did a lot of research before I bought it. I knew up front what had to be repaired. I took it to an RV shop and had them go over it to make sure. I am a mechanic so I fixed just about everything myself did get a little help from this site and other friends. I gave 19k for it and got a brand new tow dolly. after looking at many RV'S I would not give him anywhere near what he is asking. his buyer market is very limited and it's going to be a hard sell for him. I think he would be doing good to get 12k for it. but thats just my uneducated RV guess.
Quicktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #16

Although I really like the looks of this rig, and the fact that I like the big diesel generator and the allison tranny. This thing has been sitting for a while and the middle man seller wasn't honest about this or the fact that even though the tires had like new tread they were old. My final offer was like $12500 and he sold it like 2 weeks later. When you start adding what it would take to get it were it needs to be you could start to enter into something newer possibly with a slide if you wait and look long enough.
asnowsquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
how come I can't access the last page of this thread?
Old 07-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
A lot of great experience posted by earlier posters. A coach from the 90's is going to need work. I've had mine for a year and am yet to take a trip ( my fault as have had distractions ) but coach has needed attention. Prior owner use the coach yearly but was a bit light on maintenance. I've had to: reseal roof ( Rubber, which I hate but wife loved floor plan ), New air dryer ( prior owner knew about this but somehow forgot to mention it ), then new air compressor ( $1.5K installed ), new tires & batteries, 2 new front air bags, ( again prior owner amnesia ), replaced 4 front shocks since I was 1/2 there with the air bags out ( Blue&yellow bilsteins for old all yellow monroes ) all fluids/filters changed, and still have a page of fix-it items. I'm not complaining, knew work had to be done, but dont think one can buy an older unit and hit the road immediately...especially if shes been sitting, Was in the AF and used to listen to the woes of the maintenance guys as they would try to get a hanger queen back into service...they'd brief the general for 5 minutes on all the stuff they'd R&Red ( Removed & Replaced ) maybe 5 different times before the crews quit writing up the air craft (AC)....Motor homes are the same as ACs, so many interrelated systems that it takes awhile to get them road worthy...then it's regular maintance on schedule....a lot of work....but hey, what ya going to do when your retired!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
if this is getting posted can someone please send me a PM on why I can't get on page 2?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
My '90 Monaco Crown Royale has 10x22.5 tires on it. I bought 6 brand new one on a trip to SC from IL on my first venture with it for 1300.00. Yes they are a NAME BRAND tire. I could have bought the new size tires cheaper but would have to buy rims and that would have changed speed, weight, suspension virtually everything on the MH so settled for the 10x22.5 which being a retired truck driver am well acquainted with that size of tire.
OnJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I am currently looking at a 92 Executive. I'm hoping to get it for very cheap. It's been garage
kept and the owner seems motivated. I really love the look and quality of these coaches and
being mechanically inclined sure helps in the process of fixing things that need to be fixed.
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco