Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 AM   #1

Cummins 400 ISL bucking

Anyone have an issue with diesel bucking under acceleration? Just started. Thinking filters. Took it to Cummins yesterday and now waiting to hear.
Cindycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2015, 08:36 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Most likely is the filter's, fuel pump starving under a load will cause what you are feeling........
Old 03-17-2015, 09:26 AM   #3

Is this an engine issue or a transmission issue? How does the engine run/idle/no load rpms? I would be looking for the 'simple things' first and change the fuel filters, if it has been a while since they were changed.

Keep us posted as to what the issue is!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #4

Cummins Bucking

We had our call back from Cummins here in Houston yesterday. It was the fuel pump with a small crack. Have no idea how old it is because we have only had the coach for a year and a half. We are replacing it and the fuel filters. They say that the engine is in great shape...always good to hear. So, this should solve that problem and we'll be off and running again by tomorrow. Whoohoo!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayleross View Post
We had our call back from Cummins here in Houston yesterday. It was the fuel pump with a small crack. Have no idea how old it is because we have only had the coach for a year and a half. We are replacing it and the fuel filters. They say that the engine is in great shape...always good to hear. So, this should solve that problem and we'll be off and running again by tomorrow. Whoohoo!
What year is your MH?
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:51 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Some times I just cringe when I read post like this I would think if the fuel pump was/had a crack in it , it would of been spray/leaking fuel and you would of seen it or smelled it for sure. Fuel stinks! I would want to go and have a look see at the old pump, as I would imagine the cost of this repair is not cheap? Just my thoughts and it never hurts to question the people that are working for you and spending your money. Safe travels
Old 03-20-2015, 07:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Some times I just cringe when I read post like this I would think if the fuel pump was/had a crack in it , it would of been spray/leaking fuel and you would of seen it or smelled it for sure. Fuel stinks! I would want to go and have a look see at the old pump, as I would imagine the cost of this repair is not cheap? Just my thoughts and it never hurts to question the people that are working for you and spending your money. Safe travels
I agree with Palehorse. It may be a bit late, but it's always good to have anyone repairing your coach (or car) to give you the "defective" part. A "crack" in a "fuel pump", unless it was the injection pump itself, seems a bit unlikely to have caused your problem. Inexpensive fuel filters, however, are the culprit 95% of the time.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:25 AM   #8

Its a 2004 Monaco Dynasty
Old 03-21-2015, 07:27 AM   #9

The replacement was to the Lift Pump. We have a Cummins ISL 400 with a common rail.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #10
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Its a 2004 Monaco Dynasty
Ours started doing the same thing several months after we got it. Our lift pump was leaking from the gaskets being effected by the "new" diesel fuel and yes, it was very evident from looking underneath the engine. Our original oem pump and the fuel filter both also had evidence of gunk in them from contaminated fuel. Ran fine after that. BTW, if you have just (1) combo fuel/water separator filter, might want to consider having an additional filter added. Several manufactures went from having (2) filters down to (1) back in that general time frame.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins