Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I have an Aladdin system that displays engine/trans info. Pardon my ignorance as I have never used one, but am curious do the scan gauges mentioned provide more info than the Aladdin?
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2016, 12:15 PM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
I have an Aladdin system that displays engine/trans info. Pardon my ignorance as I have never used one, but am curious do the scan gauges mentioned provide more info than the Aladdin?
HAHA, I was thinking the same thing about the Aladdin . I really only bought the Scan gauge to monitor a few gauges that appeared to be in accurate. I paid around $175.00 for it, that was its selling point and it was capable of monitoring what I wanted.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:29 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
The Scan Gauge D is an alternative to the Aladdin. The Aladdin is fine and will give you all you the engine info you want. But... when it fails, and it will at some time, you can no longer get any replacement parts to fix it. The Scan Gauge is a reasonably priced device to gain some of the important info back.

However, while on the subject some of you guys mention you get the Transmission temp to display. My '06 Camelot displays everything but Transmission Temp. It states in the ScanGauge owners manual that in some cases Transmission Temp may not display. Do you have your Scan Gauge plugged into the 6-pin or a 9-pin connector? I only have a 6-pin under my dash.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info, good to know on the Aladdin. I'll cross my fingers that it keeps working for some time yet
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:38 AM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Used the VMSpc in our previous two MH's, one a CAT 3126 and the other a Cummins ISC 350. Did have to change connectors.
Present rig has the VMS 400CL which will monitor the same things but not all at once but I don't have to have a netbook on the dash either.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 11:46 AM   #20

Triple E Owners Club
[QUOTE=Bob (WA0MQE);3175931]The Scan Gauge D is an alternative to the Aladdin. The Aladdin is fine and will give you all you the engine info you want. But... when it fails, and it will at some time, you can no longer get any replacement parts to fix it. The Scan Gauge is a reasonably priced device to gain some of the important info back.

However, while on the subject some of you guys mention you get the Transmission temp to display. My '06 Camelot displays everything but Transmission Temp. It states in the ScanGauge owners manual that in some cases Transmission Temp may not display. Do you have your Scan Gauge plugged into the 6-pin or a 9-pin connector? I only have a 6-pin under my dash.[/QUOTE

I use the Scan Gauge on my 04 Freightliner Chassis and it displays the transmission temperature just fine with a 6 pin connector.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:03 AM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bob, my Roadmaster has a 6 pin and it displays the transmission temp. TFT is the abbreviation.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer, cummins