Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2017, 05:31 PM   #1

Current Monaco Quality

My wife and I just sold our '16 Tiffin Allegro, and are looking to go "1/2-time" in ~3-6 months.

We've begun to look at larger diesel coaches (2016 and newer), and have a short list of Tiffin, Entegra, and possibly American Coach and Monaco. [We were firmly sold on Tiffin until we drove a 2017 45' Entegra Aspire - convinced us we should definitely "search the field" before our final decision]

My quick question for Monaco owners is regarding their units' construction quality - especially recent models?

I've heard good and bad; however, after reading the build process and materials used, I certainly believe we should include Monaco on our list. Thanks - I certainly appreciate any insight you can provide.

Bob Gash
Lebanon, TN

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2017, 04:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG88 View Post
My wife and I just sold our '16 Tiffin Allegro, and are looking to go "1/2-time" in ~3-6 months.

We've begun to look at larger diesel coaches (2016 and newer), and have a short list of Tiffin, Entegra, and possibly American Coach and Monaco. [We were firmly sold on Tiffin until we drove a 2017 45' Entegra Aspire - convinced us we should definitely "search the field" before our final decision]

My quick question for Monaco owners is regarding their units' construction quality - especially recent models?

I've heard good and bad; however, after reading the build process and materials used, I certainly believe we should include Monaco on our list. Thanks - I certainly appreciate any insight you can provide.

Bob Gash
Lebanon, TN
Hi Bob,

We purchased our new 2016 Monaco Diplomat 43SG this past January and couldn't be happier with it! The quality and workmanship is evident. When I look at the construction of the cabinets they are made out of solid wood, the drawers are dovetailed together and the draw slides/guides work like they're suppose to without hanging up like they're binding on themselves or something else. The entry and bay doors all close easily and the full paint exterior is very well done. I've had neighbors comment on how nice the side walls look without any imperfections, of course I notice some but they're minor.

The main issue I've had to deal with recently is the frameless windows where the duel pane has separated on one of the vent windows but this is covered under the warranty and is being fixed. I think no matter what coach you get it if they had duel pane windows it can happen and hopefully it's just a bad window which is being corrected for me by the REV RV service center.

With the Freightliner tag axle chassis which has the steerable tag and the 60 deg front wheel cut it allows the coach to turn on a dime, well a dime in Class A motorhome terms.

Ours is an all electric coach with aqua hot. This is my first all electric coach so I'm still getting use to all the changes of not having a propane tank for hot water, an RV fridge which runs on propane, etc. Having the Aquahot is nice since we can pretty much have unlimited hot water when running both the electrical element and diesel when on full hooks ups. With the residential fridge rather than a RV fridge is also a nice plus for us.

One thing I would recommend if you can do it is, go to Decatur, IN and do a factory tour. When I did it I found the Monaco, American Coach and Holiday Ramblers were pretty close in the way they constructed them and the floor plans were close as well. Of course when you get into the American Coach they have a few more bells and whistles thrown in. I was very surprised how close the different REV brands were in their similarities.

Over all, like you, we looked at a number of the same manufactures and different models. For the most part it came down to what floor plain did the wife like, ie. happy wife happy life.

Good luck on your research and ultimate decision!

Old 08-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #3

Jeff, thanks so much for the reply - great info, and a good suggestion to run up to the factory.

BG
Old 08-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I don't own one, but I have looked at them, I do know that if I was in the market they would be at or close to the top of the list.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We looked at them closely too, but having a 43dft, there were not enough 'upgrades' to sway us just yet... didn't test drive one (MHSRV wouldn't let us)

One thing I did not like was the plastic dash...

I know when someone gives a rating on anything, be it rv's or movies ,
it's nice to have a frame of reference of what they are comparing them to...

i.e. one man's trash is another man's treasure and all that
Old 08-14-2017, 07:41 AM   #6

Thanks for the opinions.

As least we do have a time-frame that will allow us to check out and drive the coaches we target.

i have to get this one right - it's our third (and my wife says final!) coach.

Thanks,

BG

Tags
monaco, quality