Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2018, 05:21 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Curved shower door '07 Monaco

Our '07 Monaco Diplomat has the curved glass shower doors. The top of the sliding section keeps slipping out of the top frame. Anyone have a great idea on how to fix it? I have reinserted it several times, added lock washers to the corner brackets, etc, but it always comes out again. Still functions but drags pretty heavy when sliding it.
Thanks all
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #2

I'm not sure I understand you're question completely. Are you saying the sliding section with the rolling wheel comes off the track? If so you can adjust the wheel to have more pressure. You loosen the nut on the backside and rotate the eccentric around to force more pressure on the track. All 4 wheels adjust like this. It's kinda hard to get it adjusted correctly but after awhile playing with it you should get a feel for how to get it correctly.

If this isn't what you were asking please get back and I can help further. I've messed with my doors a fair amount getting them to work pretty well (knock on wood).

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	1515428095869.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	188096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanha Pieru View Post
Our '07 Monaco Diplomat has the curved glass shower doors. The top of the sliding section keeps slipping out of the top frame. Anyone have a great idea on how to fix it? I have reinserted it several times, added lock washers to the corner brackets, etc, but it always comes out again. Still functions but drags pretty heavy when sliding it.
Thanks all [emoji144]
Happycarz Harry came up with a solution. Simple slim strip screwed top and bottom. Take it off and lay it on the need to get it aligned.
I will look for his write up later, but here are some pictures.
Attachment 188095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanha Pieru View Post
Thanks all [emoji144]
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I can't find his write up. Hmm...
1/2" x 1/16" aluminum, 1/2" ss #10 machine screws with nylocs.

Find center point on glass and use, ribs to help align. I used a cargo strap to lightly pull things back together.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:07 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
This should give you an idea.

A picture is worth a 1000 words. So just imagine there are 3000 words in this post.

Name:	IMG_2750.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	188145

Name:	IMG_2752.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	188146

Close up

Name:	IMG_2751.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	188147

Do same at bottom once you get glass back in channel.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:13 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I took the door out and laid it on the bed to and the aluminum strap. Before installing the strap, I used some ScotchBrite on it to give it a similar look to rest of shower.

Once you have it mocked up, and before final assembly, put 4 or 5 small dollops of silicone on the back side to stick it to glass as anti rattle solution. No need to keep it pushed against glass. When silicone dries, it won’t move.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:43 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks!

Thanks all for the help and good pics. Pretty simple & easy solution, (the best kind). Actually had thought of that but was not sure if the door would work with the extra piece to slide by. Will look for that metal strap and get it on.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #8

curved shower door

We have a 2008 HR Vacationer XL. Ran into similar problem - hit a bump and the door slip out of the track. So, before getting on the road we use a bungie cord from the shower door handle to the bedroom door track adjacent. It hold it in place. Low tech solution. New rollers cost about $45 per pair from Monaco.
rongough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:12 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I bought rollers on ebay (from China) for about $5.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The clear silicon/rubber door frame moulding at the top of the door glass dries out and stiffens up over time. This piece grips the the door glass inside the frame, and helps to take the strain off the top rollers. I removed the two small screws, took the frame off the top of the door and ran a bead of GE high grade silicon inside that moulding, reinserted the glass and using a rubber mallet, gently drove the frame back onto the glass and then replaced the screws.

When hanging the door make sure you adjust the offset rollers so the top and bottom are gripping the tracks. I adjust the bottom rollers first (which can be a two person job) when they are correct they will lift the door up a bit, tighten the rollers, this will require the use of a screwdriver and a wrench at the same time while a third hand holds the top of the door in place. Then adjust the top rollers. Once I did this, it is a very rare thing to have the door jump the track.

It has happened when my wife leaned against the open door while giving our dog a bath.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Do you have a source for the rollers? I am looking to replace mine.
Flyerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerone View Post
Do you have a source for the rollers? I am looking to replace mine.
I bought them from ebay (came from China... about 4 weeks). Monaco wanted almost $50 for 4 of them.
Here is a set of 6 for $7
https://www.ebay.com/p/6pcs-Replacem...d=262944712405
Old 07-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #13

I was advised here to take my shower glass door that shattered to a glass store I use this gentleman that had replaced our cracked windshield and he can’t seem to find the exact same one? any recommendations or should I just try and go to a different person?please advise thank you
Mamamantez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 12:14 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Hey mama, give these folks a call. That is if you have the curved glass shower door. Besides making the sliding closet doors on some models, they make the curved shower doors.

Name:	IMG_5990.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	335331

Tags
door, monaco, shower