Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2018, 06:34 PM   #1

Dash Air runs single speed

Hi, we have an 08 holiday rambler caspian IV the dash Air only blows one speed, does anyone know if it’s the blower relay switch that usually fails, or the control switch itself located on dashboard on dash that fails?
Craig L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #2

Not knowing how your system is controlled, I can only offer past experience. On many rigs, our '06 Dynasty included, there is a resistor module mounted in the plenum of the dash A/C and heating core unit that has typically four wires connected to it, either individually or via a molded plug on the end of a cable. When those resistor modules fail, a single speed is the result. It will likely be easily visible behind your front access opening, under the windshield, and mounted with a couple of screws to the molded HVAC housing. You can pull it and take it to NAPA or O'Reillly's and probably find your replacement. On our coach, it is a Ford Motorcraft module.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:48 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
If it’s stuck on high it’s likely the resister at the air box. I think I read they fail to high. If it’s stuck on another speed it’s probably the dash switch.
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #4

Good explanation here:

http://www.resistorguide.com/applica...ower-resistor/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blower-resistor.png
Views:	78
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	196179  
Old 03-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Some designs have a separate fuse for the highest speed. So if the lower speed fuses blows, then only the high speed works. I guess knowing which speed is working would help.

IMHO: the resistor pack is bad. Many have a non-resettable thermal fuse that can blow, in addition to connections that fail, and resistors that open.
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:05 PM   #6

I just had mine replaced - as is not uncommon on my coach it was not located where it should have been or where it normally is but we had to cut a hole in the fire wall and dig through all the spray in foam.

I lost the picture of it that I took with the part number, but it was a discontinued Motorcraft part that seems to be getting very hard to find. If you find a source please post it.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:43 PM   #7

Ditto on bad resistor. Good luck
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Mine was stuck on high. Ordered thermal fuse from Radio Shack and replaced the failed one in the resister module per instructions I found elsewhere on this site. Worked like a champ but failed again. My blower is making a lot of noise and presumably running slow, which caused the thermal fuse to fail again (I think). Sorry I can't help you with the part number for the thermal fuse but you should be able to find it with a search of the forum. Otherwise, the new module probably comes with one. The thermal fuse was probably $2 and the module $35, something like that.
Skidaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:06 PM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Craig! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help with that.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:17 AM   #10

1998 Diplomat heater/ac fan control

Mine only runs on high and I assume it is a bad resistor block. Does anyone know where it would be located in a 98 diplomat. I prefer to not dismantle the whole front of the motor home looking for it.
davkevmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by davkevmat View Post
Mine only runs on high and I assume it is a bad resistor block. Does anyone know where it would be located in a 98 diplomat. I prefer to not dismantle the whole front of the motor home looking for it.
Dave
The resistor pack should be located in the air plenum in the front of the motorhome near the air conditioning lines are, it needs to be in an area of air flow for cooling.

Here is a picture that may be close to what yours is, mine is in about the same location.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C81DB848-C8CE-4F84-AEE0-47B0261BDEB7.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	203177  
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #12

Good morning to all; As I post this, I have not checked to see if these part numbers are still good, so here goes. Resistor pack, Ford part# D8BH-19A706-AB or D32H-19A706-AB. Could be a while ago but showed NW RV Supply in Eugene, Or. had them for $19.85. Should be able to match up at any parts store. Had to replace in my previously owned 2000 Monaco Windsor and my, new to me 2001 Monaco Windsor. Hope this info helps. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 04:37 AM   #13

Thanks for the information I will go look a little closer this morning. If I can find it I will take it out and the part numbers and head to NAPA first.
davkevmat is offline   Reply With Quote