Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Dash Radio

Does anyone have or know where I can buy a working Sony WX-C570 Dash Radio? My CD part of it doesn't work.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #2

Hi Tim; That sounds like the original Sony that came with the coach. I had to replace the Sony radio CD in my 01 Windsor just a year ago. Tried to find a like Sony replacement. I could only find them on E-Bay. Put the Sony model number in and you might get lucky and find one. I found a few Sony units to replace the original, but they were old take outs and had no guarantee they would work. I replaced the Sony with a Kenwood radio CD player. It was an easy swap. Just so happens that the harness for the Kenwood is the same as the Sony. Then new plug that goes in the back of the radio is now smaller, but the color code for the wires is the same. I just wired the new Kenwood harness into Monaco plug that was behind the radio in the dash. Took me less than 1 hour and now have a more updated unit. Hope this info helps.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:10 PM   #3

Aw heck, in dash radios come in three flavors, single, 1-1/2 and double din. Figure out which one you have and go to places like Crutchfield.com and pick the one you like best that fits your opening. If your not sure how to measure the radio call crutchfield five the people your model number and they will give you replacement choices.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Tim; That sounds like the original Sony that came with the coach. I had to replace the Sony radio CD in my 01 Windsor just a year ago. Tried to find a like Sony replacement. I could only find them on E-Bay. Put the Sony model number in and you might get lucky and find one. I found a few Sony units to replace the original, but they were old take outs and had no guarantee they would work. I replaced the Sony with a Kenwood radio CD player. It was an easy swap. Just so happens that the harness for the Kenwood is the same as the Sony. Then new plug that goes in the back of the radio is now smaller, but the color code for the wires is the same. I just wired the new Kenwood harness into Monaco plug that was behind the radio in the dash. Took me less than 1 hour and now have a more updated unit. Hope this info helps.
What Kenwood model did you buy
Old 03-26-2019, 03:59 PM   #5

Hi Tim; The Kenwood I bought is a model# KDC-BT565U. More goodies on this unit that I will ever use. It works great! Got it at my local Best Buy and it was just a $100. I am going to guess that your Dynasty is wired the same as my 01 Windsor. To me it looks like when Monaco was making up the wiring harnesses for the build of the coach, they knew ahead of time what radio they were installing in the coach. The Sony harness for the radio is wired into a 2 piece connection right into the coach harness. All I did was to remove the center plate in the dash that has the radio, gen switch and dash fan switches. Released the Sony from the din plate and un hooked the harness and the antenna coax. You can reach right in and unplug the Sony harness from the Monaco Harness. The Monaco made harness is the same color code for the wires on the Sony plug that goes into the back of the unit. The Kenwood harness is also the same color code. I just unplugged that harness, Sony plug, from the Monaco harness and took it down to my workbench. It was just a matter of cutting the Sony plug off the Monaco harness and connecting the new Kenwood harness. Took the Kenwood out to the coach and installed the new din plate that came with the Kenwood. Slipped the Kenwood into the new din plate. Plugged the Monaco harness with the new Kenwood plug back into the harness in the dash and put the new Kenwood plug into the back of the radio. Installed the antenna coax and hit the on button on the Kenwood. Followed the set up instructions and have lots of new tunes along with a CD player that works. As I mentioned this only took about 1 hour. Hope this is the info your are looking for.
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 01:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you, I'm hoping someone here has one they took out to put in something newer. I found one on ebay but they won't say if it even works...I have one of those...My CD died when my dummy self sprayed contact clean in it when it had power. SO DOES ANYONE HAVE A WORKING SONY WX-C570 THEY WOULD LIKE TO SALE?
Old 03-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #7

I just took mine out of a 2000 dynasty I’m not sure if it was a CD player but I can check on sat it works fine just upgraded to one with remote and Bluetooth
Cdr151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 06:25 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdr151 View Post
I just took mine out of a 2000 dynasty I’m not sure if it was a CD player but I can check on sat it works fine just upgraded to one with remote and Bluetooth
I just sent you a PM
Old 03-27-2019, 06:45 PM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just bought a Kenwood DNX775RVS. Right now it's on allocation to RV manufacturers only here in the US. Bought it in Canada and it hasn't shipped yet.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:08 PM   #10

I found a plug and play stereo on ebay...it was brand new.
irishguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, radio