Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 04:08 PM   #1

Dash temperature control valve

2006 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
I have a dash temperature control problem. It is a simple digital temp indicator and two arrows for up and down, as well as C/F selection.

I disconnected the arm of the valve from the servo so I could move it to hot manually. I do not have any wiring diagrams for the coach and do not know where the fuse may be for the actuator.

The dash unit has power, as the digital temp is illuminated, but I am assuming they share the same fuse.

This unit is above the generator on the curb side. Has an electrical plug that makes it difficult to figure out if it has power.

Any help would be appreciated.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 08:01 PM   #2

Hi 747guy; I am sure I am not going to be of great help, but I did make some observations! First I went to RV Trader to look at Camelot's of your year as I was not familiar with your dash heat controller. I have a friend with an 05 Camelot and know what his look like. I also looked at an 07 Camelot and it seems that the 06 model year is the only year with the digital dash unit. Those other years use a rotary switch to control the valve/servo in the gen. compartment. I had a problem on my previous 2000 Monaco Windsor with the motor in the servo not operating. I tapped on the servo with the end of a screwdriver and the motor started running and working the valve. I had the whole unit replaced under warranty even though it was working. I am wondering if this is your problem or just a connection to the plug to the servo is not making a good connection. Have you tried, am guessing you did, have someone in the coach move the temp display up and down to see if the arm from the servo moves? Could be just a bad connection or for some reason the servo motor has given up the ghost! I know it would be helpful to have a wiring diagram to check for power at the plug to the servo. Hope someone here who reads your post has some better ideas. I just thought I would try to get you started on a fix. Good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We also have a 2006 Camelot (40 PAQ) with the same temperature control. I suspect your problem is with the servo motor. I find the digital control fairly worthless. To get A/C, I just set it to 60 (lowest setting) and control the temperature with the fan. I sense the servo is underpowered as it takes a while to go from cooling to actually get heat out. I also may have tapped it with a screwdriver as mentioned above to get it to work. It eventually changes temperature for me so I really haven’t tried to diagnose it.

I have the Camelot wiring diagrams, but they aren’t high quality PDFs, so I can’t read the larger ones. From what I could read, I could only find one fuse in the panel under the driver’s seat that’s related to dash air, so if it shows a temp, then you probably don’t have a fuse issue.

Walt
photopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi 747guy; I am sure I am not going to be of great help, but I did make some observations! First I went to RV Trader to look at Camelot's of your year as I was not familiar with your dash heat controller. I have a friend with an 05 Camelot and know what his look like. I also looked at an 07 Camelot and it seems that the 06 model year is the only year with the digital dash unit. Those other years use a rotary switch to control the valve/servo in the gen. compartment. I had a problem on my previous 2000 Monaco Windsor with the motor in the servo not operating. I tapped on the servo with the end of a screwdriver and the motor started running and working the valve. I had the whole unit replaced under warranty even though it was working. I am wondering if this is your problem or just a connection to the plug to the servo is not making a good connection. Have you tried, am guessing you did, have someone in the coach move the temp display up and down to see if the arm from the servo moves? Could be just a bad connection or for some reason the servo motor has given up the ghost! I know it would be helpful to have a wiring diagram to check for power at the plug to the servo. Hope someone here who reads your post has some better ideas. I just thought I would try to get you started on a fix. Good luck!
Thanks 8.3OilBurner for taking the time to respond. I will try the tap it with a screwdriver approach as also suggested by another post.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by photopilot View Post
We also have a 2006 Camelot (40 PAQ) with the same temperature control. I suspect your problem is with the servo motor. I find the digital control fairly worthless. To get A/C, I just set it to 60 (lowest setting) and control the temperature with the fan. I sense the servo is underpowered as it takes a while to go from cooling to actually get heat out. I also may have tapped it with a screwdriver as mentioned above to get it to work. It eventually changes temperature for me so I really haven’t tried to diagnose it.

I have the Camelot wiring diagrams, but they aren’t high quality PDFs, so I can’t read the larger ones. From what I could read, I could only find one fuse in the panel under the driver’s seat that’s related to dash air, so if it shows a temp, then you probably don’t have a fuse issue.

Walt
Thanks Photopilot for your post. My 2001 Dynasty came with a huge book of wiring diagrams, and I must say it was invaluable on many occasions.
I am going to call Monaco to see if they can source wiring diagrams.

Tags
dash, temperature, valve