Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #1

Dash won't work

2009 Camalot. The dash will not come on when the ignition is on. I can start the coach and drive down the road and the cruse controle works but no dash info at all. After about an hour of running down the road...presto it comes on line.
We are on the road and the only thing that worries me is I have no engine info if I have a problem. I wont know it till it's too late.
Any ideas before I take it to a tech?
Thanks
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #2

My first guess would be a ground problem since the whole dash has stopped. If you pull the dash cluster all the grounds are daisy chained together. You can add another ground to the existing or trace the line out and clean it up. My 07 Neptune dash would occasionally drop out or reset and then start back working fine. I added a new ground to the existing and been fine since.
Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #3

Try turning off all the 12 volt power for your unit. There should be 2 switches in the battery compartment. Wait 10 seconds and turn it back on.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:02 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
For us it was 2 purple wires in the bay with the inverter and electric stuff. Until Thom made them stay connected we would have the dash drop out.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
A monaco dash is mostly for etertainment they are know to be not accurate except the boost gauge and the spedo and tac are close. If you want to monitor your engine and Allison i susgest you go to the Silverleaf web site and download the VMSpc program and play with it, its free the link is below also a link to rvupgrade for the best price. I have been using this unit since 01 and would not wast to run without it. You will have to calabrate the program to your coach on MPG , Spedo, Miles travel and you can set alarms to warn you before you get to a cummins engine alarm. I use my VMSpc to keep up with fuel used as that is another gauge that is not accurate. Im sorry but cant help with the dash blackout but it would not bother me at all if it happened on our coach.
SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc. | Knowledge is Horsepower
Silverleaf VMSPC Engine Monitoring on Your Laptop
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Of all the dash light don't work then it must be a ground. The lights are separated on 2 different fuses. Some need positive voltage and some work off ground. I'd run a new ground off one gauge since they are daisy chained.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #7

Call Monaco, I had that problem and called, they told me where the relay was under the drivers outside panel. Changed and no problem now. They are in different places so call first.
JHowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHowell View Post
Call Monaco, I had that problem and called, they told me where the relay was under the drivers outside panel. Changed and no problem now. They are in different places so call first.

I didn't know Monaco had a tech center to call since all the buy out stuff that has gone on. Do you have a contact number?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
They are still there, I just got some help from them not 2 weeks ago. I used the email button to contact them from Monaco Coach - Home
Old 09-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #10

Monaco number 877-466-6226. Hope this helps.
JHowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:03 AM   #11

Thanks.
I will give them a shout
Old 09-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #12

PyrateSilly,

Can you give any more details about the two purple wires? Is this detailed in your blog? If so, what date? Thanks!

BTW, how do you tow your Harley and Abarth?

Van W 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
PyrateSilly,

Can you give any more details about the two purple wires? Is this detailed in your blog? If so, what date? Thanks!
BTW, how do you tow your Harley and Abarth?
Van W 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley
Here is the direct link to the page with the pics on it. Thom and Chris: Saturdays fixes It is/was located in the bay with all the major electrical stuff.

As for how we tow the car and Harley, at the moment we have a 20ft equipment trailer. We towed a 4Runner and the Harley on it. Then got the Abarth to flat tow so we have gotten the base plate and Thom is looking for the tow bar he feels comfortable with. We will then get a lift for the bike. After we get all that is when we will then sell the trailer.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #14

Thanks, Christine. I'll check that. I like your blog!

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash