Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I actually have chicken thighs on the grill right now! (hey...SacsTC could have taken out that ribeye...instead he is having chicken!)

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Given the choice of meat or chicken, and he chose chicken?? How disappointing....he really needs you there!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well Teofff,
It looks like you may actually have a chance to swing by there and meet him on your way to the Monaco pre-rally! (It is only a few miles off of I-5!)...and if for some lucky chance he is on his way home the same day you are passing through Southern Oregon...well then... you could just meet at the Rogue River rest area ...like 2 ships passing in the night!(exit 46B or 48B...I think)

Old 07-29-2007, 04:19 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
That could work....either way....I would look forward to meeting SACs....and if still stuck at Camp Monaco, I can deliver "home made" supplies to him from you!! Although, that would mean he would be there two weeks???
My plan is to try to get to Bakersfield on Saturday...SAC on Sunday....somewhere along I5..in Oregon on Monday, and arrive at the pre-rally early on Tuesday, the 7th...of course that means Massey has to fix what ever is now wrong with the MH this week, so I can get down and pick it up and load up to take off early Saturday....
Old 07-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
SacsTC says he will probably still be there as you pass the I-5 exit(219..I think)As far as camping in Southern Oregon... cjeck the picture of the Dip and truck in one of the previous posts on this thread. That is the Rogue River State Park...which is right by the rest area at exit 46B. It is one of the best buys as far as camping goes...Full hookups or maybe water/electric for $20.00 a night. Large grassy sites with a lot of pull-throughs. It is about 5 and a half hours from our house...and that includes stopping to take the dogs out for a walk(usually twice!)I highly recommend Rogue for your stop on the way to the Salem rally.

(BTW... SacsTC said he needed to eat the leftover chicken before it went bad-I told him I would have tossed it anyway! )

Old 07-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Rogue River sounds great...I remember seeing signs for it, but never stopped there...did SACS make reservations or just chance it????
Old 07-29-2007, 05:01 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
He did chance it... but he did state that it is summer and it seems to be a little more full. We usually try to get in the back side of the D loop. It puts you on the farthest side behind the knoll - away from the freeway noise ..and close to the river. We usually stay on the right side of the loop when we are towing. Most of those spots are pull throughs. If you go here it will take you to a PDF of the campground. There is also a review at the "Campground Reviews" ...but it is called "Valley of the Rogue" You can make reservations online. SacsTC pulled in around 3PM last Sunday ...and probably pulled out abt 9 AM on Monday. (I don't think many people would be in a hurry to leave at 9 AM during the summer...but you can probably make reservations as you hit the road on Saturday AM and be OK...

Old 07-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks...I went on line and made a reservation for a pull through on the D loop....elec. only, but no problem for one night.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
SACS:
Can't pick on your co-pilot, Gloria and are going by for some of them world famous chicken things MM makes, sooooo I feel compelled to stick up for her. As you saw on my post, I made a reservation...I will plan to stop and say hi to you on our way to Salem...by then you will surely need a resuplly of chicken things from MM!!! My rule...never eat anything green from the fridge
Old 07-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Camp M is at exit 209, not 219 as posted by MM earlier. Gonna have to have my co-pilot checked out here soon, she's always getting us on the wrong roads lately!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...HEY...that is from memory! I have been there ONE time...last mid-November. I think that's pretty good for only having been there once in the rain....no less!

Old 07-29-2007, 05:40 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club

Old 07-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
first it was death by tuna & chicken, and now a possibly new plot for you to be lost and wandering lost in Oregon...hmmmmmm
Old 07-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK..Now I think you are all making fun of me...WORLD FAMOUS?? Yikes! ...I don't dare ask if you feel like salmon instead!

Old 07-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">first it was death by tuna & chicken, and now a possibly new plot for you to be lost and wandering lost in Oregon...hmmmmmm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OMG....ROFLMAO !!!

Actually got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!!!!!