RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #57
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well...SacsTC is gittin' skooled up while at Camp Monaco ...
He actually went to an Inverter class this morning ... and he so kindly went to the "Convection/Microwave" cooking class for me today. I need to have him take over the cooking now that he dun found out how to work that fancy oven!

All kidding aside...Ron did say that they made some progress today. Don & Mike work well together. Some of the items need to be half done so that they can fix the group at the same time..."this can't be finished till that on is almost done ..and that one can't be done till the other one is part way done" ...kind of like a dog chasing his tail in a circle..and he finally gets to it!

I can tell you that DigNBubbs pulled in very early this AM..I am sure he has his own story to tell... but I think he works during the day ..and is running on little sleep...I am sure he will have a new blog up in a day or two...

I also think they will be around so SacsTC can make those "World Famous Chicken Strips" ('specially since he lernt to wirk that fancy cokkin' box)
...ok ...so it is only "IRV2 Monaco Forum famous"...
Well..I have no new pics from SacsTC yet tonight ... so I am pictureless..and I think that is all I can remember right now... but I am sure more will come to me shortly!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2007, 11:10 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
I can tell you that DigNBubbs pulled in very early this AM..I am sure he has his own story to tell... but I think he works during the day ..and is running on little sleep...I am sure he will have a new blog up in a day or two...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow - you nailed that one! We pulled in last night a bit after 2am. It was pretty quiet around here. I figured the fiesta would still be going on, but I missed out

It was an awesome drive from Denver to Harrisburg. We left Saturday at noon, and arrived on Sunday night. That is a lot of driving to squeeze in. I bought fuel four times - about 185 gallons worth, drank 6 Rockstars, countless pots of coffee, took out one construction cone, drove through the Eisenhower Tunnel and through Glenwood Canyon, up Utah and across Idaho, where I had the best breakfast ever, over a mammoth mountain where there were warning signs for the upcoming 8 (I think) miles of 6% grade, through an amazing gorge beside the Columbia River, had Mount Hood in my huge windshield view for many miles, and through Portland at midnight on a Sunday, so I had the highway to myself.

Yea, it was an OK drive

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Well..I have no new pics from SacsTC yet tonight ... so I am pictureless..and I think that is all I can remember right now... but I am sure more will come to me shortly! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried to take him apart so I could take pictures, but he wouldn't go along with it. I am going to hit him up for an inverter brain dump tomorrow. I was bummed I missed the little class. I think he said he wanted to do the Spiral Bracelet with bugle and seed beads class tomorrow. Maybe he will be making M*Momma something

I was surprised to see they had an event schedule for the "campers". Wildwood just has 50A plugins for everyone

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:13 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Just a quick update to some of the "What's Happenin' at 'Camp Monaco'...

...from my understanding...this gaping hole

is no longer "gaping"! ...and the trim piece around the bathroom door is also back on...

Here is a picture of the two back rows of "Camp Monaco"

and then one of my baby!

I will wait until SacsTC gets back in the rig tonight before I find out what else "Don& Mike" got done today...

Old 07-31-2007, 03:57 PM   #60

Monaco Owners Club
When you said here was a picture of "your baby", I expected to see SACs....not your MHk!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:26 PM   #61

Monaco Owners Club
obviously....hope your home by Sunday when we are stopping by!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Teofff said:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When you said here was a picture of "your baby", I expected to see SACs....not your MH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for stirring it up, Teofff!

SacsTC said:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No, no, no....I'm not that high on the pole!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can't be my baby ..I'm HIS BABY!!

Old 07-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #63

Monaco Owners Club
Quick thinking and recover!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:53 PM   #64

Monaco Owners Club
Did pick up my MH today...after ANOTHER $785...Massey said that it was some kind of switch that controlled the air brakes, and it failed, and that was not related to anything they did. I have trusted and been pleased with them so far, but this one did make me wonder. I suppose it could be circumstantial that it failed after they worked on the front end, but it makes you wonder!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe we can swing through, drop off any supplies from MM and at least say hi...
Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
SacsTC <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> .....Another new part ordered today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT...WHAT NEW PART!!?

Old 07-31-2007, 05:30 PM   #67
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
SacsTC...
make up a list of what you may want.. cubed potatoes with no cheese? another steak?
BBQ sauce ..and chicken thighs?

Old 07-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">New Stainless Steel Cooktop!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
YIPPEEEEE!!!! : : :

Old 07-31-2007, 09:16 PM   #69
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
It looks like I won't get any pics from SacsTC tonight (hint... hint- Sacs ) but from the few conversations we have had today- I can voouch for "Don's" quality of work. He is very particular...which SacsTC is glad to see. He adjusted an outside door today...Sacs asked him to check it being up on the jacks...well...the jacks did it's weird thing which led Don to adjust the jacks before he went any further! Thank You, Don for doing the type of work you do!

I know our list is shrinking - but I may have to send supplies up with Teofff on his way through Sacramento while heading to the rallies ... (I may have to be one of the supplies! )
It doesn't look like SacsTC will make it home by Sunday!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:06 AM   #70
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Arrrrgggghhh! I can't believe I have missed seven pages of stuff with no smart-azzed contribution to the general frivolity!

Sounds like SACs has it covered though. I am humbled by his display of patience and since there are no reports of "missing-and-presumed" technicians in the local paper there, he must be taking it all in stride.

teoff, I think you are entitled to at least one awwww-sh*t for all the trouble you have encountered! Good grief what an MCF!

SACs, if she does get you with the latest batch of salmon'iller chicken, a tablespoon of WD-40 taken with a half pint of good likker should cure it.

At least you have a good support network here. Carry-on.

RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote