Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #113

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry we had to bail on you Sacs - we just couldn't handle it any more. We stayed the night at the campground at Diamond Hill and I-5. A bit spartan, but had 50A service and water - things we have been without for the past 7 days

I was less than pleased with what happened at that facility. I am a guy that is all about fairness, and become a bit irritated when I feel like I have been slighted. I watched expensive coaches come and go all day long, being fixed and released. Talked to people that dropped in, just like myself. One guy in a Sig told me "yea, no big deal if they fix me or not. Was driving by, so I thought I would stop in to see if they could fix me up". He was out by the next morning. The clown at the desk said "well, some people come in with real emergencies, like water pumps and stuff. We have to get them fixed up quickly". I guess me living in a 95 degree coach, and having to work all day in that heat, isn't quite as important as someone's handle light, or possibly their remote for their TV being low on batteries...

So, after waiting around for four whole days and still never having spoken to a service writer, we got out of there. Made an appointment at a shop in Eugene, they saw us this morning and diagnosed the problem within 10 minutes. They are looking for a new A/C unit now.

So, doesn't look like we will make it to the 10 week mark of not having a front A/C. I am a bit sad about that, but Ang and Mal are pretty happy they won't have to live in a 95 degree house anymore

Have fun without us Sacs.

--kev

<rant over>

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #114

Monaco Owners Club
Kev:
Wow...how frustrating...your rant was mild compared to what it could be...on the positive side however, you didn't kill or maim anyone..I suppose that's the good news
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #115

Monaco Owners Club
heh - I have learned to get ****** at only the situations I can actually do something about. When it is out of my hands, I tend to let someone else do the stressing (M*Momma is currently doing all my stressing for me. Thanks Momma )

On the brighter side, I am at Quality Coach Services now, they analyzed the problem within about 10 minutes of us arriving, and they have sent someone to go pick us up a new A/C unit! Very pleased right now. Looks like there will be a happy ending afterall.

Now, if I would have just figured this out 9 weeks ago...

--kev

Old 08-03-2007, 03:44 PM   #116

Monaco Owners Club
Sh#$%t...just couldn't go one day with out another RV problem....we are all packed and good to go, and we are in our monsoon season here and had very heavy rains...well I was just out at the MH and I see water on the dash..look around, and it's coming out of the tv cabinet..onto the shade and dropping...that can't be good...no time to take anything apart...we are on our way to some friends for dinner...hoipe they have lot's of wine!!! I am leaving in the morning regardless. Have I mentioned I luv my MH
Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 PM   #117

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
As they say when it rains it pours. Drink wine and drive to drive to dryer weather thats why you have a MH. Probably the gutter on the windshield, use silicon lots of it.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #118

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OUCH.... Does that mean you will be bringing the rain to Sacramento? Ok....I wll make sure I have one decent bottle of wine .. then I'll bring out the "Two Buck Chuck" ...can you last until Sunday..incase your hosts don't have enough tonight?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #119

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
.... then I'll bring out the "Two Buck Chuck" ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We found a Trader Joes today. We are once again flush with the THREE Buck Chuck

--kev

Old 08-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #120

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SacsTC:
Believe it or not, she means two buck We bought <span class="ev_code_RED">several</span> cases about 4 years ago and they have been carefully aged since then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha - yea, I was hoping for a dollar less, but beggars can't be whiners

--kev

Old 08-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #121

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Kev...I will sell you some nicely age Four Buck Chuck for $2.50 a bottle!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #122

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Believe it or not, she means two buck We bought several cases about 4 years ago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey SACS ...tell them Why we bought it!!
We bought it for our son's wedding ... but the other parents bought some other $3 stuff (which was not good) so we had more than enough wine ... which meant we carried home more than enough 2BC !!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #123

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Kev... is the AC in - good and working?!

...and BAMA...why are you being so quiet?

Old 08-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #124

Monaco Owners Club
Life is good again...got home (we only drank 2 bottles of wine)....and I fired up the genie and the TV works fine. I just have to figure out where the water is coming in from...I'll do that on the road...As I said we had particularly heavy monsoon downpours all afternoon......there is nothing as much fun as trying to track a water leak
Old 08-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #125

Monaco Owners Club
Oh yea....MM, save that 2BC for a special occasion, we are bringing some of that Yeller tail we talked about...Gloria went to the store and stocked up today!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #126

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Didn't you read Kev's post! It is now 3BC which means here in Ca- it must be $4Buck Chuck Of course ...I will only sale it to my good friends for $2.50 a bottle!!