Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Is anyone going to be at the Oregon Diamond Hills facility during the next two weeks?

SacsTC will be stuck there for that period of time...

I am sure he would love to say "Hey" to any IRV2ers while he is there....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Is anyone going to be at the Oregon Diamond Hills facility during the next two weeks?

SacsTC will be stuck there for that period of time...

I am sure he would love to say "Hey" to any IRV2ers while he is there....

Old 07-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well SacsTC is on the road to Oregon...and it is his first time towing behind the Dip. I know the Dip is 6' longer than the last RV AND the Toad is probably another 6'(12' longer than we're used to!) ...so leave plenty of room if you see a 2007 Diplomat towing a Gun Metal Blue Chevrolet SuperMax crewcab North on Hwy 5!!!

Old 07-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck SacsTC - try to avoid the bumps

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Mama....if he hasn't done it before, he should have fun going down Ashland Hill on his way into Ashland. Hope you have leather seats!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Best wishes on SacsTC's journey... he'll be fine!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mama....if he hasn't done it before, he should have fun going down Ashland Hill on his way into Ashland. Hope you have leather seats!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good One Bruce! ...Actually we have been going to Oregon at least once a year since 1994. We bought a one acre parcel in Florence back then...so we are VERY familiar with the Ashland Hill! (BTW...check your PM n a little bit)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Good luck SacsTC - try to avoid the bumps
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You obviously know the California highways well..which must be just like the Colorado highways
I talked to him at his pit stop in Weed. He said that he hasn't noticed the difference in length at all...and he said that everything is handling so much better than the old rig and toad!
The only problem is that I am here ...and he is on the road without ME!!

I should here from him anytime now. He will be pulling into Rogue Valley Campground and getting set up for the night anytime now....actually he just checked in...everything A-OK ... he did not need to have the leather seats over the Ashland Pass...and all is well as far as towing and getting settled in for the evening!

He has some premade stuff for supper tonight..(Cheese stuffed chicken- without the cheese..per his request) plus I made up tuna for sandwiches. There is other stuff...but I wanted to make it easy for the first night.(ok...can you tell that I miss him already!?)

I will keep ya'll updated...Let me know if anyone will be up that way...so I can have him watch for you...

Old 07-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Best wishes on SacsTC's journey... he'll be fine! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brenda...Of course he'll be fine... it is ME you need to worry about!!

Old 07-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well, SacsTC got to Harrisburg about noon today. He pulled into the front parking area and let them know he is there. They put a tag in the the front windshield, took his cell number and said someone would call him. Also told him there were 8 rigs that needed to leave before he got in the camp area. Some other people pulled in after him, talked to him and said something like "oh, we are behind you on the list" but they are in the camping area as he sits out front running the gennie. It sounds like they are all from a "higher end" of Monaco -but I guarantee you- our appt has been made (appt attempted to be made since mid March) a lot longer than theirs. Can you tell, that I feel customers are customers - no matter how much they have spent? I can tell you that it didn't matter to me if the customer bought a Chevrolet HHR or a Cadillac Escalade - I would still remember their name and treat them the same.
I will give Monaco one thing-our appt is not until 7:30 AM tomorrow ...so they have until tomorrow to get Ron into a campsite. I don't know if Monaco monitors this site - but hopefully they do. Maybe I should give them "Customer Service" training....

Old 07-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
give em **** mama!!! Why did Ron let those others go before him??? He needed you there to take care of him???!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Ohhhh...Teofff....I guarantee you ...Camp Monaco is a much more peaceful place with or without me there to raise H&!! ...but thanks for the "kind" words! (Can you all tell I am NOT adverse to stirring things up...for the good or the bad!)
Ok..I am through venting for the night.. at least I think I am! (hopefully the glass of Merlot will kick in and calm me down soon)

I can tell you that there was a building (a farmhouse OR mobile home) across from Diamond Hills facility that burnt down to the ground this evening. Ron said that the field around it was all dry - unlike the field on Monaco's side of the street- which is all green...so Sacs felt comfortable enough that he didn't think he needed to move. He did take some pictures - but he doesn't seem to have wifi right now - so pics will have to wait till he gets home - or till he gets wifi...

Old 07-24-2007, 03:12 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck SacsTC (and you too 'Mama). It's sure to go well, just a few more speed-bumps in life.

When we were at Camp Wildwood, I saw a nice Beaver Patriot Thunder pull into a smallish spot in the already-crowded area. During the day, when the other coaches were in the bays, he moved his stuff to a bigger/nicer spot and then proceeded to go get his big enclosed car/bike trailer and park it in the also-vacant spot next to his. He then got out his Mercedes car and BMW motorcycle and washed 'em both - in the main drive-area.
At quitting time those 2 displaced coaches had to move elsewhere. Few minutes later one of the service people came out to talk to the guy, but coincidently he was inside and didn't answer the door, so they left a note on the door. They came back twice, still nobody around. Next morning though, he got caught and lots of arm-waving ensued. He finally did move the trailer (and the bike which was partially bocking a THIRD spot) but left the coach til it was his time for service (one more day later, I might add). His work only took 1/2 day and he was gone.
Several folks waved to him as he left - bet he thought we were all being friendly. I heard later his attitude carried on into the building as to how he treated the staff there.

Point is... there's people like that everywhere. Let's just hope they all aren't Monaco'ers!

Oh, and sorry to any Thunder-owners (not dissi'ing the fleet). I purposely left off a description of the unique graphics scheme on his to make him more identifiable - but I think his attitude would peg him quickly anyways.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well..SacsTC got into a campsite after 4:30 today...thank goodness! (the diesel was getting close to 1/4 tank ...and he would have been losing gennie soon)
The appointment time was at 7:30AM ...but he was told they would call him or come out and check him in when they were ready. He called me about 12:30 and the service writer had just left...the guy did leave shaking his head mumbling something about he had never seen anything like that (Gives me the warm and fuzzies...just hearing something like that! ) Ok.. the guy is not too old...so he probably hasn't seen much ...and I may have to take pity on him ...and be soooo nice to him ... that everyone else will regret passing us off! (Oh wait...I am down here...DANG!)
The "kid" (ok ...so he is young enough that he could be my son) did say it may take an hour or two before they came out and got the coach ...I figure that at the 2 hour mark... they decided they only had about an hour left ... so leave it till the AM.
All in all...Ron is happy ...he has electricity and water...plus we do have "in-family" calling on the cell phones...so I think he said we have talked more since he left than we normally do when I am home with him - HAH ...do you guys think I ever stop talking!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
That's like asking if your fat in your dress...there is no way I'm asnwering either question