RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #29

I have been doing some hard core testing on additives. I have found what proves to be the best out there. I called the company to sheck them out and they had great service. They sent me a bottle to test. In my tests I am seeing anywhere from 1 to 3 mpg gall gains and running cooler. Diesel Fuel Boost. Check it out at www.dieselfuelboost.com

d2dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

So that is your first post on this forum....Hmmmmmm, and you are advertising. And who do you work for?????

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Can I assume that Cummins recommendation to keep the tank full for long storage periods is so you will not need a biocide treatment?
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
He works for DieselFuelBoost ?
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Mark, that is 100% correct. Since the fuel tank pickup is all the way down in a little pocket in the bottom of the tank it should suck up any water in the bottom and put in in the water separator. I got the black slim because of the previous owner. The easiest way to find out just how clean your tank is and if you have the slime is to cut open the first fuel filter and look at the outside area of the actual filter. I use a air zizz wheel to cut it off. It hasn't caught fire from the sparks yet but I do it outside just in case. The other thing is to watch for the amount of water that collects in the separator. It was an education for me. Looking back I could actually see the slime in the separator. My new MH has a sensor that will tell me I have water in the separator and allow me to eject it.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Mark, that is 100% correct. Since the fuel tank pickup is all the way down in a little pocket in the bottom of the tank it should suck up any water in the bottom and put in in the water separator. I got the black slim because of the previous owner. The easiest way to find out just how clean your tank is and if you have the slime is to cut open the first fuel filter and look at the outside area of the actual filter. I use a air zizz wheel to cut it off. It hasn't caught fire from the sparks yet but I do it outside just in case. The other thing is to watch for the amount of water that collects in the separator. It was an education for me. Looking back I could actually see the slime in the separator. My new MH has a sensor that will tell me I have water in the separator and allow me to eject it.
Thanks Mike,
That is what I figured. Our MH does have the water in fuel detector. Hasn't gone off yet We never had the primary filter when we bought our MH so we paid Freightliner to install one. This was after a clogged screen in the pick up pump. Dealer paid for that but not the new filter set up. We figured it was way easier to carry an extra filter or two than have a fuel pump problem.

The only additive I have ever used was anti-gel and we store it with a full tank.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #35

Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
He works for DieselFuelBoost ?
No I work for a bank called Morgan Strause. And since the topic was fuel additive I thought Id chime in. Yes it may be a new post but just to show you I have also used AMSOIL, Power Service, Monster and Cetane plus, and a few others over the past 30 plus years of owning / building diesel engines as a hobby. I have also made biodiesel for over 10 years and sell it to Camp Pendelton. They to also use Diesel Fuel Boost. That is who told me about it. So sorry to talk about what was originally the topic FUEL ADDITIVEs Wow what an unfriendly site. I wont be back!!!!!!
Go Diesel Fuel Boost !!!!!!!! lol
d2dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #36

Yes that is a shame the way they went off on you about being a Fuel Additive Salesman. I guess there are a few smart asses on this forum d2dually. At least you tried to get a answer.

Railroader is offline   Reply With Quote