Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Difficult getting large slide to retract

I have had difficulty retracting our large slide on Neptune 04. Where can I find the proper servicing the retract mechanism for this HR 04 Neptune?

Thanks for any help.
HRNep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I would recommend to call the factory service "hot" line. Sanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:45 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Had the same problem. Here is what happened to me.
We had a problem with our 2011 Monaco Knight last week. One of the slide cables broke and only one half of the slide would move in or out. This is a very long slide that also has a residential refrigerator. Called Monaco and they said they were a month or more out, but we could call Quality RV in Springfeild Oregon to have the work done. When we arrived the repairmen tore into it right away trying to find the problem. Both cables were broken and had to be replaced. Also the adjustment coupler bolts were replaced. After the new cables were replaced the slide would not come in completely. It seemed that the box was pushed to the rear by one inch. The repairmen had to jack up each side so they could push the box back into the correct position. Then they could adjust the cables so that the box would close.
As this slide moves in and out, the adjustment couplers move next to each other. If they collide, they hit each other making a loud noise and stop the travel. This is what happened in the first place and caused the coupler and cable to hit and brake. I asked the repairmen if it was going to happen again and they said yes. I told them to add a thin piece of plywood between the two couplers to prevent this from happening again. They did and it seems to have worked.
Problem is the the warrantee company, American Guardian, will only pay for the cables plus 4 hours labor time and not the adjustment or correcting the centering of the box. The total bill was about $1200 and AG only payed $320. What a deal that was.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:46 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thank you for your reply.

HRNep
HRNep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
It’s been week sence I complained to the company I bought the motorhome from. Yesterday they called me and said they had a surprise for me. The warrentee company was going to pay me $300. So now they are going to be paying only half the total repair cost. How about that? Half? I bought a policy that stated they would pay for repairs, ninus the deductable of $50. I didn’t buy one that would pay half the cost. This is shutup money. Pay the policy owner only what they want. Unless they pay everything, I’m out.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide