RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #1

I noticed that you had added a retracting water hose in the MODS thread, Would you tell me a little more on that? Such as a picture and what model of reel you used, And what you might do different if done again? Thanks.

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #2

I noticed that you had added a retracting water hose in the MODS thread, Would you tell me a little more on that? Such as a picture and what model of reel you used, And what you might do different if done again? Thanks.

2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG TT 2011 F150 puller
Lennyzx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Lennyzx11..
I am going to put some photos up of his hose project..and he can describe it to you when he comes on...

Hose reel is the red reel on the far right side.

OK Don... Please explain to your fans!

MM

PS.... You can go to this link for more photos of his Mods!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Thank you Mama for the pictures....

I went online a couple of years ago and looked for a mechanical (self retracting) hose reel that had dimenions that would fit in the cabinet you see in the pictures.

Once mounted, I plumbed it with pvc pipe toward the utility bay. I routed from the condenser/fuel filter cabinet, inside the wheel well and into the utility bay. I wrapped the pvc in foam used for A/C pipes.

I have a lot of time on my hands and like doing projects. Unknowingly, this turned out to be one of my favorite projects. The hose reel has 40' of hose and it's sooooo nice to just pull out the length of hose I need and snap it back when done. Sure makes hooking up at campsites easy. I'm big on making everything quick connect or easy to use so it doesn't become a chore.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Don,

Do you remember the source of the hose reel? Looks like a good project.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diplomat Don:
Thank you Mama for the pictures....

I went online a couple of years ago and looked for a mechanical (self retracting) hose reel that had dimenions that would fit in the cabinet you see in the pictures.

Once mounted, I plumbed it with pvc pipe toward the utility bay. I routed from the condenser/fuel filter cabinet, inside the wheel well and into the utility bay. I wrapped the pvc in foam used for A/C pipes.

I have a lot of time on my hands and like doing projects. Unknowingly, this turned out to be one of my favorite projects. The hose reel has 40' of hose and it's sooooo nice to just pull out the length of hose I need and snap it back when done. Sure makes hooking up at campsites easy. I'm big on making everything quick connect or easy to use so it doesn't become a chore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I just looked on line through several companies. I could find the source, but the guy was a flake and it took him almost a month to ship it. I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Don:

Is there any reason you used the pvc pipe for the run to the water panel rather than a hose of the appropriate length?

Bill
Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Don,

The addition of the hose reel is impressive, but I found something much more simple in your photo... a paper towel holder up high in the utility bay. Why didn't I think of that before? My paper towels keep getting wet on the bay floor.

Your reel idea is much better than Monaco's, by the way. When your hose gets kinked, you can actually see it.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
woward....I was just more comfortable with the pvc pipe in terms of durability. I had about 10' to plumb the connection and wanted something that wouldn't burst. It also gave me hard threaded ends to make connections. In one of the photos you can see that I made a rigid mount and put an on/off lever valve.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:53 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Don't blame you Don. I did some research last night and have decided to put a reel in the basement compartment. I think I will add an extra AC line to the basement and permanetly install a ceramic heater. That way I can put my whole house water filter and hose reel there and not worry about them freezing. We camp in weather that gets down into the twenties and we also do not winterize the motorhome. It stays plugged in at home. I have lost several water filters because I forgot to take them apart when stored in the basement. We also have other things down there like soft drinks that we need to keep from freezing.

Its always good to see some of the neat mods you make.

Thanks,

Bob
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Diplomat Don:
I just looked on line through several companies. I could find the source, but the guy was a flake and it took him almost a month to ship it. I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote