Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #1

Diplomat Windshield Drapes

Looking for a source to replace our windshield drapes on our 2002 Diplomat. I found something on Camping World's site but they were pretty spendy. Any help would be appreciated.
lbingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #2

We just replaced ours with the ones from CW and they were a good replacement. 2000 Diplomat. By the time u buy reg. curtains and cut and hem u will have same invested
racer478r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Our 2001 Dip had stained liners so we took those off and machine washed the curtains, came out great.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbingham View Post
Looking for a source to replace our windshield drapes on our 2002 Diplomat. I found something on Camping World's site but they were pretty spendy. Any help would be appreciated.
We have a 2007 Diplomat and within a week we will be replacing our front drapes with MCD shades. The drapes would probably go in the dumpster. They are in great shape with no stains. You are welcome to have them for the cost of shipping/boxes. Send me a private message if interested.

Bill Brown
Old 08-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #5

If he doesn't want them I would gladly do that. Thanks, Mark
Old 08-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #6

We bought a generic set from CW on sale and the wife hemed them to length, better than the orignals
mccrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #7

For what Camping World charges, you can probably go to a fabric/sewing shop and have a set made with a much better selection of materials. I have used the shop in our town for a couple of RV related things. Cost has always been wonderful and so has the work.
FRR2EYW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced mine from Penney's. It took 4 panels. I sewed two together for the drivers side and put velcro attachments on the one for the right side of the windshield and the drivers side. they are insulated and color matched pretty close.

Tom
tompn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
To mdc99, I have a set of curtains with all the attachments (no rail) that I purchased from Diplomat Don last spring. I can't use them as I thought I could, so you can have them for the cost of shipping, the same as I did with Diplomat Don. I think it was about $22.00 or so. Let me know if you still need them. email me at tomd85208@cox.net .
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #10

Hi Tom, yes I sure could use a set of curtains. Thanks for the offer. Email sent.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #11

I also have a set of the pleated drapes that I removed from my 2005 Airstream. They are in good condition and I have the hardware including the rail if anyone is interested. I don't have the dimensions but can get length and width later today. Just pay shipping cost. PM if you are interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	blinds1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	49233

Name:	blinds2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	49234

Name:	blinds3.jpg