Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The link below is to a Printable page (Might even be a PDF or JPEG)

Now it is designed for Wi-FI but the great thing about it is you can easily scale it up to any size (or down) Larger = more gain in the 'On-axis' direction The direction the reflector looks)
Should work for Cell as well as Wi-Fi.. May or may not need "Enlarging".

NOTE: IF your antenna is the "TRUCKER" style from Wilson..The part of the antenna BELOW th radials is just mast..It is not part of the active antenna. So if you dropped this down so the "holder" part rested on the Big part of the antenna (or the radials) Should work well.

DIY WIFI Antenna Reception Booster
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #16
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanwill View Post
Myron, you have NO idea how disappointed I am to hear that!! LOL OK, I'll run the new coax. Yes, it is a royal PITA. And I would assume you would give me the same advice about my new OTA TV antenna--replace my existing coax?

Do all devices (TV, satellite, cell) use the same coax nowadays? In my ham radio youth, there was only 75 ohm. Now there is 58 ohm and possibly others.
Leave your OTA coax alone. It is just fine.

Coax can be very specific to the device. Two way radios want 50 ohm, televisions wants another.

The goal with a cell coax is to get the lowest loss for the size. Of course you can't run 1 1/4 inch pressurized coax but when the time comes I can help you choose. I guess I already did that. Low loss coax/hose. Think of coax as a garden hose. If it is poorly made it will kink, lose pressure and volume, and not provide an optimum output.

Better dust off the Ham books. I don't recall 58 ohm coax.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna