Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Disabled coach in Meteor Creator parking lot. Cheep!!

Easy to find, smells like (Mod Edit)!! toilet went nuts during our 2 hour visit. Flooded black tank with 100 gal plus of fresh. My new carpet and cork flooring!!! All that work, down the (Mod Edit)!! Good Sam keeps hanging up on me. Crying wife, twin 10 year old, and Ellie our helper, and a very lonely dad...

When is this going to be fun!!!

Insurance company said they would have someone out in a few day!!??

I need a cold beer and a shower!!!
Trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Home, Sacramento is only 800 miles away. I could put everyone and the dog in the Prius and if I push it I can out run the cops chasing me for abandoning a (Mod Edit) rig in AZ. This was trip two. 1st one had its ups and downs

too.

All I wanted to do was stand on a corner in Winslow AZ and have my wife drive bye in the Prius...
Trueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Bummer!

Hang in there, things have gotta get better!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Get it to a big town with Servicemaster franchisee. Call ahead make an appointment, have them ready for your arrival.

Google is your best friend at this point.

Let the wife and kids follow in the Prius.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #5

This is what I turn off the pump any time i'm leaving the coach. Just one small leak and in a matter of a few hrs the fresh tank will be pumped somewhere else.

Had this happen about 18 years ago on an instrumentation van at work. Luckily, no #2 in the tank, just a gallon or so of #1, diluted to the point where it didn't matter. When we got back to the coach it had just topped the commode and put maybe 10 gallons on the floor.

Problem was, we were sitting on top of a gravel pad with a 8" square curb drop-off back to the road. Trying to get the coach off (and out to a dump facility) would have shot water to the ceiling.

We took an adapter from the dump outlet to a garden hose and ran it to a gully about 100 ft away. The coach was pretty new, I don't think anyone had ever taken a dump in it.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #6

Same reason I do not hook up to local water supply. The running pump makes enough noise to get my attention. BTDT. Thankfully bowl overflow was basically clean water.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disabled