Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Brenda...I guess I did learn one thing in the "Convection" class...she did say that out convection ovens (which do run off 110-not 220 like the ones at home)will cook the same as a regular oven because it is actually using less power than the 220 oven...so use it like the normal settings ...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GoneFishin:
I'm so proud of you for taking the driving classes. Good deal!

And I'm so jealous that I'm not there to take the convection cooking class.

I am SO jealous of you taking the driving class! I looked all over Phoenix to find someone to teach me!! I know Jeffrey and I would yell at each other if he tries to teach me but it may be the way

I have yet to try my convection oven. I have a friend who had hers taken out and a regular oven put in as she hated hers. I am open to trying it.......
mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for that info, MM. That's good to know.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Mom2Mastiffs...
You should definitely try to go to a rally that has a "woman's driving class" ...it isn't really much BUT it gets you behind the wheel doing the scariest stuff...turning & backing up ! It really isn't much...but it is a start. If you can find a truck driving school with an instructor that will do RVs... then take it...but this very short "class" at least takes the edge of scariness off of driving a rig!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Karen (Mom2Mastiffs)
I have heard good things about this school...and it looks like there may be someone close to you part of the year!

Good luck...I hope this helps you!
MM

Old 09-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Well...we are on the road after a fun three days at the Monaco Family Round Up. we met some new friends, enjoyed food & drink and the comraderie of people who love their coaches as much as I do ours...
The entertainment wasn't bad at all... Lee Greenwood performed last night...and Dick hardwick was the night before. I will post a picture or two this weekend here ...or I will definitely update my blog...but right now we are on our way back to Harrisburg so they can check out the entertainment center issues.

Sorry we did not have some other Irv2ers there...but I did do a little politicing while having fun
("Hey from Monacomama" to the few of you who make it over here! )

Old 09-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Karen (Mom2Mastiffs)
I have heard good things about this school...and it looks like there may be someone close to you part of the year!

MM,
thank you so much for letting me know about this school. There are a few but one never knows if they are any good or not.

How does one find out about the Rally's and their events? Most interested in Monaco Rallies.

Karen
Old 09-22-2007, 07:32 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Here you go....Rallys
Karen,
I know you can also go to the FMCA site to get info on those rallies too...but they are usually pretty good size.

The only other rally I would be interested in...but won't be able to go to is this one!

BTW...How are your parents doing?

Old 09-22-2007, 02:23 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
The only other rally I would be interested in...but won't be able to go to is this one!

BTW...How are your parents doing?[/QUOTE]

MM,

thank you so much for the info on the Rallys. Would LOVE to do the one in Albuquerque but I'm sure the MH will still be in Indiana with the Monaco service personnel. CANNOT wait for THAT bill.

Thanks for asking about my parents--Dad is just not doing well. He sleeps about 20+ hours a day--still eating and drinking fluids but is incontinent. He is very weak and can't get up on his own so thankfully my Back is strong and I can lift him up. He did get up today to watch about 10 minutes of the Ohio State game so that was good.
Mom is holding up--she is a stong woman but I do worry about her as Dad wakes her up often at night.....

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Well, thanks to MonacoMama (we met at the Monaco Rally), I found this site, and have joined it! She and I met in the line to sign up for the ladies' driving class right before the rally started, and we actually ended up driving together! I agree that it was a fun, although short, class. Our teacher, Vicki, was great, though, and very knowledgeable.

My hubby and I are in Coos Bay, OR for the weekend and will be heading back to Junction City to have some warranty work done on our motorhome on Tuesday.

It would be great to meet some of you in person! If you're all as crazy as MM, then we should have a wonderful time!

Hugs to all . . .

2008 Monaco Dynasty 44
goin4it2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by goin4it2:
Well, thanks to MonacoMama (we met at the Monaco Rally), I found this site, and have joined it!

Marsha & Howard,

Welcome! You will find a GREAT bunch of people here--quick to assist with any questions
Old 09-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you're all as crazy as MM, then we should have a wonderful time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dang it...I swear I am not that crazy!! Glad you decided to join us over here, Marsha...and folks... She will give me a run for that title she just gave me!